Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion on Radio 3

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
As 'O Albion' was played on Radio 3's breakfast programme this morning, I tweeted my thanks to the presenter, Petroc Trelawny, thus:
"Thank you for 'O Albion', a fitting warm-up tune for the big match today at the Amex
@OfficialBHAFC
#BRIEVE #bhafc."
Petroc then gave me/Albion a shout out live on air, which can be heard at 47 mins, 45 seconds. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001lkk8 Anyone else heard any mention of the Albion on Radio 3 before? I harp on because Radio 3 is the nation's most important music station (if you don't agree, you need to reassess your aesthetic sensibility).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Excellent work.

Does R3 carry the nauseating whiff of middle class pomposity that can occasionally be experienced on R4?

:wink:

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Excellent work.

Does R3 carry the nauseating whiff of middle class pomposity that can occasionally be experienced on R4?

Excellent work.

You can stick yer plebby Virgin radio (or whatever effluent you listen to in your Moulescoomb/Portslade/(insert relevant crap area) hovel/cheap banger) up yer podex!

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
I don't hear any talking at around 07:17. Are you sure you have the timing right?
7:07, sorry, it's after the violin piece Fritz Kreisler's Liebeslied and before the 15th century rondo by DuFay. The piece I was commenting on was

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have just looked at the Radio 3 playlist to see the type of music they play, never listened to it myself. :ohmy: Good lord!!

Attachments

• 3A06EB69-7382-4151-A6D2-524AAFBE12DA.jpeg
    3A06EB69-7382-4151-A6D2-524AAFBE12DA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
I find it most amusing to see 'Jello Biafra' waxing lyrical about the inherent superiority of Classical Music.

I'd love to hear an orchestral version of Holiday in Cambodia.
Sounds like a crap idea but maybe it'll be created one day. I'd sincerely apologise for contravening your pre-conceived ideas about what musical genres others may or may not appreciate but I've just noticed that you live in Newhaven (where they like their own), so I really couldn't ga monkey's what your opinion is.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
I would probably avoid Croissant Corner on Saturday mornings if I were you
Radio 3 has gone relatively downmarket recently, admittedly, but it's still in a different league to other UK radio stations' musical output. Who tf listens to Classic FM (presuming it's still going) or Radio 2 or any commercial station where the ads are only slightly less annoying than the talentless cretins whose work they play.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sounds like a crap idea but maybe it'll be created one day. I'd sincerely apologise for contravening your pre-conceived ideas about what musical genres others may or may not appreciate but I've just noticed that you live in Newhaven (where they like their own), so I really couldn't ga monkey's what your opinion is.
I live in Newhaven, @Pogue Mahone doesn’t.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You can stick yer plebby Virgin radio (or whatever effluent you listen to in your Moulescoomb/Portslade/(insert relevant crap area) hovel/cheap banger) up yer podex!
6 Music in Portslade these days my love. It’s absolutely teeming with old ravers, people from bands who never made it and lesbians. Every day is band t-shirt day in the South Slarde.

If Amy Lame, Lauren Laverne and Giles Peterson turned up at The Foghorn they’d need to buy even fewer drinks than Wardy buys when he’s over.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Newhaven!? How very dare you?

I am very much enjoying your slightly aggressive championing of classical music. Keep fighting the good fight.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
As 'O Albion' was played on Radio 3's breakfast programme this morning, I tweeted my thanks to the presenter, Petroc Trelawny, thus:
"Thank you for 'O Albion', a fitting warm-up tune for the big match today at the Amex
@OfficialBHAFC
#BRIEVE #bhafc."
Petroc then gave me/Albion a shout out live on air, which can be heard at 47 mins, 45 seconds. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001lkk8 Anyone else heard any mention of the Albion on Radio 3 before? I harp on because Radio 3 is the nation's most important music station (if you don't agree, you need to reassess your aesthetic sensibility).
I heard it live! Must be a first. R3 and the Albion cannot imagine that has happened before. When I heard it live I thought thart is a good omen. Well done for getting the mention.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Where does Sir Kenneth of the Bruce and Greatest Hits radio fit in your snob-o-meter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here