Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion NOT wanted by SKY

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently we're on Sky 5 on Forest Friday.

Edging nearer to The Ocho:-

36ink.jpg

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Stadium apart, there's not much to make showing a Brighton game of much interest to anyone other than Brighton fans. Fact is our brief flirt with the bigs boys in this division is over for the moment. Completely understand why we aren't going to be on much.

I think your right,we have a Newcastle syndrome about us at the moment,decent ground & gates =success,erm,afraid not

years ago you stumbled on success ie good chairman & manager,like bamber & mullers

I'm afraid today's modern game is all about pound notes

I'm sorry to say,where we are now is probably about as good as it's gonna get

all the more reason to take the domestic cups far more seriously than the poxy league

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Football fans are interested in Leeds is the simple answer. Look how often they get mentioned on here for example

Countrywide fan base we can only dream of

agree again,imagine we'd won the league,Fa cup and appeared in the european cup final,but sky choose to show Rotherham over us

they'ed be spitting feathers on here

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stadium apart, there's not much to make showing a Brighton game of much interest to anyone other than Brighton fans. Fact is our brief flirt with the bigs boys in this division is over for the moment. Completely understand why we aren't going to be on much.
Stating the obvious fact about the Albion is no more worthy a thumbs up as it is a thumbs down.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Feb 14, 2010
Having one of the largest supports in England and the 67th biggest support in Europe doesn't mean that we should be on TV. Not only could the team not score a goal last season but they only just limped to safety last season. Our team needs to show they are worthy of the support they get and of being on TV. Well done sky, I wouldnt put us on TV after the teams "efforts" last season.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Im surprised we have one game to be fair...Sky dislike our boring style of football that offers zero entertainment.
Until we start to entertain we'll have 2/3 live games a season.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Awful news, I won't be able to read about how people can now make the rearranged game as the original fixture clashed with a holiday/wedding/sex change op/something else I couldn't give a **** about. #together

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We are talking to Leeds sponsorship team through work at the moment and they get double the viewing figures on sky than any other team so of course Sky show them as they get more advertising revenue.

Just as a matter on interest, how do they/Sky know? Is there a more scientific means of collecting this data nowadays or is it still just a sample of people at home logging what they watch?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Having one of the largest supports in England and the 67th biggest support in Europe doesn't mean that we should be on TV. Not only could the team not score a goal last season but they only just limped to safety last season. Our team needs to show they are worthy of the support they get and of being on TV. Well done sky, I wouldnt put us on TV after the teams "efforts" last season.

But, according to you, we've been rubbish for 100 years so it's amazing we've ever been on TV at all!

Feb 14, 2010
But, according to you, we've been rubbish for 100 years so it's amazing we've ever been on TV at all!

We hardly have been on tv since its invention for that very reason and its not "according to me", just look in the record books. Started well with Charity Shield / Champions of England glory in 1910, then lower league football for all but a few seasons in late 1970's/ early 1980's and 1 losing FA Cup final appearance in 1983. Since then serial decline and more lower league football. By any objective standard, the team has been utter garbage for nearly all of the last 100 years and it has not since after WW1 had a team to match the fan base. The Albion has little to crow about on the field but it does have a large fan base, caused by geography. That large fan base however does not make us worth putting on TV.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Lees may have the numbers but I wonder what the buying power of the South is compared to the North, disposable income to purchase these advertised items. Go tether.

We hardly have been on tv since its invention for that very reason and its not "according to me", just look in the record books. Started well with Charity Shield / Champions of England glory in 1910, then lower league football for all but a few seasons in late 1970's/ early 1980's and 1 losing FA Cup final appearance in 1983. Since then serial decline and more lower league football. By any objective standard, the team has been utter garbage for nearly all of the last 100 years and it has not since after WW1 had a team to match the fan base. The Albion has little to crow about on the field but it does have a large fan base, caused by geography. That large fan base however does not make us worth putting on TV.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I

You didn't need to regurgitate the same rant you've peddled on here time and time again. We've all read it many times before.

By the way, as we've been "utter garbage for nearly all of the last 100 years", you'll be pleased to know that I'm going to sue the club for forcing me to support them for 57 of those years. On the other hand, I've enjoyed supporting BHA so based on your views, I am either blind or insane or both!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Can't blame SKY for not wanting to show us at all, who wants to see a DISMAL 0-0 draw when you can see Derby or Leeds every week ?

SKY TV fixtures released up till November and apart from the Forest games that is it, in that time Leeds will be on 5 times as will Derby

Not scoring goals has commercial ramifications not limited to falling gates. At £150k an appearance, not scoring goals is costing us a lot of money Can't blame Sky, they need to pull in viewers to attract advertisers, bore draws and no goals does not fit the profile they require.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here