Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Named and Shamed

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
[QUOTEdazzer6666;7546100]Point missed. We're supposed to be supporters, but the are those who are looking for every opportunity to slag off the club.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, he only seems to have been a supporter since February! !!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I believe that the vast majority of posters on this thread think you are a berk of the highest order. It goes without saying that I'm starting with an insult at the lower end of the spectrum but many will consider it should be higher! people make mistakes but apparently you don't.

Not on payroll I don't!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm sure all the employees were just fine with not getting paid on time and said it was an honest mistake. Sure. No one at all got upset because they couldn't pay their rent on time. Or buy food for their families.

They were after the error was rectified and any costs arising from the error were paid. Errors happen. That's life. Equating it to fatal car crashes is so daft it's comical.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, people make fatal errors in driving their cars too. Does that mean we should call it a "bit of a driving error" when someone drives over the line and collides head on with another car. I consider the error in a payroll situation as serious. BTW, I work in the payroll department of my company and is the main reason I feel so strongly about this. My company employs over 6,000 and we have never made a mistake that went out to pay before it was caught at least in the rules of employment that are previously known. We take it that seriously. It effects people's lives to a large amount.

Sorry a payroll error isn't as serious as a fatal car crash. No one ever died from a payroll error FFS.

Well done you for having the perfect payroll function. Want a job ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Should we have a NSC posters 'Name and Shame' list for those who persistently criticise the club at every opportunity...?

Such as;...Ernest

Albion my Albion

Norman Baker suck my lozenge

HerrTubthumper

I,m sure there are plenty of others ?

I think a lot of it comes from a sense of entitlement. I don't necessarily mean these particular posters as to be fair a lot of stuff is said tongue in cheek by a few of them. However a lot of people believe their 'loyalty' should somehow be rewarded. I follow this club all over the country but am happy to admit I do it because I enjoy it. I have a sense of identity and have a great social day out into the bargain. The club owes me nothing and I don't feel the need to pick holes in what it does. Maybe that's just me.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Sorry a payroll error isn't as serious as a fatal car crash. No one ever died from a payroll error FFS.

Well done you for having the perfect payroll function. Want a job ?

I applied for a payroll job at BHAFC but they weren't serious enough about payroll errors. Ok, I'm pulling your knickers. I do take payroll errors very seriously. Very seriously! Who would you rather have doing your payroll? Me or someone who works for BHAFC?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, people make fatal errors in driving their cars too. Does that mean we should call it a "bit of a driving error" when someone drives over the line and collides head on with another car. I consider the error in a payroll situation as serious.

I've read some shit on NSC in my time on here, but that has to be just about the stupidest remark I have ever seen.

You're on a wind up. You just cannot be for real.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I applied for a payroll job at BHAFC but they weren't serious enough about payroll errors. Ok, I'm pulling your knickers. I do take payroll errors very seriously. Very seriously! Who would you rather have doing your payroll? Me or someone who works for BHAFC?

Nothing to do with individuals usually, it's about having decent processes with strong controls to reduce the risk of errors. I've had so many mistakes with my team it's beyond a joke.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not on payroll I don't!

But you have already admitted your dept have made mistakes!!! You don't even know whether the club actually made an error or if they acted correctly on advice which later turned out be incorrect. That said, do you not consider that it is wrong to name and shame a company over one instance when there are almost certainly many more where the practice is likely to commonplace?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
But you have already admitted your dept have made mistakes!!! You don't even know whether the club actually made an error or if they acted correctly on advice which later turned out be incorrect. That said, do you not consider that it is wrong to name and shame a company over one instance when there are almost certainly many more where the practice is likely to commonplace?

We have never made a mistake because we have processes in place that catch the mistake before the money goes to the employee's cheque or bank account.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm sure all the employees were just fine with not getting paid on time and said it was an honest mistake. Sure. No one at all got upset because they couldn't pay their rent on time. Or buy food for their families.

Well for that, you can stick your sarcasm up your 'aris.
Seems like you haven't got the intelligence to understand my post at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here