Albion license plate, Hawaii, USA

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Proud owner of the Hawaii number plate.

Funnily enough, my 13-year-old is training this summer in San Diego with...Albion SC, a top California youth outfit. His Maui team is State Champion and he has just made the US Western Region team. Today, in 1 hour, he will be at the Home Depot Complex (LA Galaxy) for a trial in front of national Youth Soccer coaches.

Sadly, when I wrote the club a few months back to ask Martin Hinshelwood about trials for a well flair striker (how old you have to be to attend, when, where, etc.) they didn't seem bothered. Hope they are more activist with local yoof. I realize this was all sight unseen from a possible nutcase on the other side of the world :O

O the joys of being a "soccer" dad.

Attachments

• Albion.jpg
    Albion.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 73

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Good luck to him mate. It must be difficult to keep him on the right path in a nation where men play rounders and netball and ladies play the soccerball.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Proud owner of the Hawaii number plate.

Funnily enough, my 13-year-old is training this summer in San Diego with...Albion SC, a top California youth outfit. His Maui team is State Champion and he has just made the US Western Region team. Today, in 1 hour, he will be at the Home Depot Complex (LA Galaxy) for a trial in front of national Youth Soccer coaches.

Sadly, when I wrote the club a few months back to ask Martin Hinshelwood about trials for a well flair striker (how old you have to be to attend, when, where, etc.) they didn't seem bothered. Hope they are more activist with local yoof. I realize this was all sight unseen from a possible nutcase on the other side of the world :O

O the joys of being a "soccer" dad.

If you think he is good enough then try again. Hinshelwood has gone so might explain why he is not pro-active. Maybe send them a couple of video clips of some flair moments. I assume at the time you first contacted the club he wasn't in the Western Region team nor having a trial at the Home Depot Complex. Having said that, what if they give him a trial and want to take him on, would that not mean you have to come back to the UK?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Brings back memories, Honolulu that is! Stopped over for 2 days (to break the flight up) on the way to Sydney after leaving Las Vegas back in 2007.

Not relevant to the thread but I had to share it.

You are up very early!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could be worth sending a DVD of your lads soccerball talents to Charlie Oatway on the basis he is good enough to have a trial in front of that standard of coaches.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
That is so cool. I know that personalised plates have been demonised - a bit too 80s - but that is one cool plate that I'd like to drive around with. Unfortunately I've just moved to Basel and my plates have to start with a BS. Not much you can do with that.

I thought that the readers of this thread might be interested in this incredible footage of U11 Tika Taka soccerball boys in California that is on the front page of Yahoo today. It's brilliant. U11s that are just like watching Brazil/the Albion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DThjb_XyyoU

I am suddenly very scared of USA 2020

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports