Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Legends a matter of debate?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Agree. As I'm older, I would immediately add Kit Napier, Dave Turner, Eddie Spearitt, Sir Normal Gall, and the biggest lege of all in my book, Peter O'Sullivan.

Older folk may add Adrian Thorne, albeit he didn't play many games. He's still alive apparently.

I would also include Muzza, though. And Wardy.

And a few years before their time (good choice by the way), Eric Gill, Glen Wilson, Jim Langley and maybe Alex South. Don't forget Willie Irving a few years later, if only for 'that' goal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And a few years before their time (good choice by the way), Eric Gill, Glen Wilson, Jim Langley and maybe Alex South. Don't forget Willie Irving a few years later, if only for 'that' goal.

*cough* Irvine *cough* :wink:

Glen Wilson lived near me and we saw him up near Mill House post office regularly in the 70s. Bow legs of astonishing proportions :eek:

(and not to be confused with Ernie 'Tug' Wilson).

:thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Calde and Bruno are both for me. As is Knocky. Obviously Bobby, RR, Dunk, Murray etc too. Depends on definition of legend and it’s all subjective of course.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I have been watching since 1977 regularly, my list of legends in that time are:

1) Ward P.
2) Horton B.
3) Case J.
4) Reinelt R. ( for 1 day)
5) Zamora B.
6) Murray G.
7) Saltor B.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Personally I think this is incredibly hard on Murray, easily deserves to be talked about in the same terms as Bobby and Dunky IMHO. 100 goals for the club, fired us to the top flight, top scored and kept us up for several seasons thereafter. If Murray's not a club legend then I honestly don't know who is.

Couldn't agree with you more

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Most of the promotion winning team of 1965 their memory linger on in my mind The best player in my opinion was Dave Turner , he rarely played a bad game and always gave his all. Most memorable moment was the equalising goal against Chelsea in the 1967 FA Cup tie at a paced Goldstone

Brian Powney was another who must have made many appearances as I recall, local lad and a very reliable.

Yeah. Others around that time were Jack Bertolini and Wally Gould, both of whom played many games for us. Bertolini was consistency itself and Gould flying down that right wing was a sight to savour. Another local was Brighton's own Tony Towner.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sorry old boy, we are going to have to agree to differ, Lawrenson is the best player to ever pull on an Albion shirt in my lifetime.

It's all about opinions....

I guess i also have a bias against Lawrenson because of his memory lapses concerning the 150 games we gave him to develop

Funnily enough though I remember talking to some Everton fans when I was at uni at the time saying how good he was and them saying Mick Lyons was the real deal...

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
If i think of my time watching the Albion I'd say that legend's would be:

Mayo
Reinelt
Storer
Murray
Steve Gritt
Zamora

Others in with a shout but just filed under 'almost' are:

Byrne
Small
Nelson
Kuipers
Vincente
Dunk
Knockeart
Chris Hughton (for getting us to the prem)

Naturally there will be somebody I've missed, but it's 05:30am and I've just got up.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
2 Legends Fozzie and Nigel ' Bushfire ' Erskine

Attachments

• 10488070_756329907764291_2031071874121949106_n.jpg
    10488070_756329907764291_2031071874121949106_n.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 38

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here