Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not such good news that if he was boarding a train because I can't see them having a few days off, with the season due to start; however, if they had lots of luggage. Perhaps with school holidays he was just putting wife and kids on train and maybe they were going up to get Eurostar back to see family in France.

So the big question is ........Did Anthony himself get on the train Monsieur Poirot ?

My bet too. Brighton to Ashford, and on to Lille, or somewhere similar.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Probably means nothing but I just saw Knockaert in Brighton station with his partner, kids and loads of luggage about to board a train.

Means the trains might be running? Seems unlikely though.

Perhaps he was just going to Waterloo to see them off as they were getting train back to France to see family.

If he was going to sign for Newcastle, I would like to think in the current market we would get £15m for him, as he is top champ player & is still young.

I would say,in my opinion , he's the best player in the Championship,has the ability and skill that can get us promoted,if he goes so do any hopes of us reaching the promised land.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would say,in my opinion , he's the best player in the Championship,has the ability and skill that can get us promoted,if he goes so do any hopes of us reaching the promised land.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed. Virtually no price is big enough to sell him.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Perhaps he was just going to Waterloo to see them off as they were getting train back to France to see family.

If he was going to sign for Newcastle, I would like to think in the current market we would get £15m for him, as he is top champ player & is still young.

Most likely reason. I don't even know if he has a wife and kids. He's quite young, isn't he ?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Great picture of Knockaert :facepalm:

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 20.33.28.png

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7530144 said:
Great picture of Knockaert :facepalm:

Hopefully this type of thing continues for the season,flying under the radar.. :lolol:

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
10 million will get us out of this division if well spent. Take the money if offered. 170 million when we get into the premiership. No brainer!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
10 million will get us out of this division if well spent. Take the money if offered. 170 million when we get into the premiership. No brainer!!

Being a bit cynic....
I agree,although the £10M in question could and should,well could as it;s not my money but you follow my drift,have been been spent last January (strengthening from a position of strength)....that said we nearly made it...

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
If Knockaert had been with us at the start of last season I think its safe to say we would have won the league by a good 10 points. Im sure that's obvious to the powers that be and for that reason I think they will play hard ball with this. For me he was the best player in the division and there is no way we should even consider selling. For what it's worth Nufc fans seem to rate hit and some don't. I see they have now activated release clause for a Villa centre half. I was reading that they wanted a winger, midfielder, left back and centre back by Friday. Appears they are half way there now ��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports