Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We wouldn't even have signed Knockaert if Solly hadn't got injured. I just hope we don't cave in with a view that "well, Solly's back in September and will be like a new signing".

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
He's going nowhere. Look at his FACE.

tomer-hemed-anthony-knockhaert-brighton_3415229.jpg

but we were in with a shout of going up then !

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
After such a fantastic season this was expected and it's great to have such assets at the club...Funny how nobody seems interested in raiding Derby or sheff Wednesday all do they not have assets like us?obviously don't see sheff w having many big assets but I'm sure Derby have a couple at least.

Blooms a very wealthy man and he wants premiership football and we won't sell to rival clubs unless it's hideous money :)

maybe wages at Derby and Sheff Weds are the stumbling block...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder when the Albion players start looking at the statements of intent by the rest of the division, and while looking at Glen Murray, begin to think the grass is greener elsewhere.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Although Burnley have made several bids for Hendrick, there don't appear to be any bids for Hughes, surely Derby's best player. And I thought there may have been some interest in Bryson too.

As for Massive, Forestieri figured quite prominently on the list of best players in the Championship, I'm staggered that there's been no interest in him
He dives to much that's why:lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
FFS....will you guys stop getting uptight, because other clubs enquire about our players. You all keep, waiting the arrival of new signings, so you better imagine that our procurment department is doing just that, to other clubs. It's what the Transfer Window is all about.
The guys at The Amex are, I'm confident, on the ball. We won't be selling anyone, unless it's to raise money to buy someone better. :shrug:

Can't we go back to the good old days when our players were all shocking and nobody enquired about them? Then we had nothing to worry about. Er.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I wonder when the Albion players start looking at the statements of intent by the rest of the division, and while looking at Glen Murray, begin to think the grass is greener elsewhere.
If we stay as we're then we're stronger than last season as we have Murray and young March back in training etc etc....This squad is defo capable of the top two :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we stay as we're then we're stronger than last season as we have Murray and young March back in training etc etc....This squad is defo capable of the top two :)
Not all the while everybody else is strengthening.
Not to mention the 3 new parachute payment clubs, coming down.

Yet the Albion can't even afford to run 2 supporters bars.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just **** off everyone and leave us alone. I'm getting pissed off with these parasites.

Touche! Why can't these other clubs just f##k off out of it.
The size of clubs that are interested in our players cannot look much further than their own back gate.
Surely, the likes of Newcastle etc. must have a good catchment area to induce players from the areas, instead of sniffing about with the like of us:rant:

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Although Burnley have made several bids for Hendrick, there don't appear to be any bids for Hughes, surely Derby's best player. And I thought there may have been some interest in Bryson too.
Hughes seems rather injury prone. I'm surprised Derby have managed to hold onto Chris Martin for so long.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sick to death of all our best players being linked to rival or Premier League clubs although I knew this would happen when we failed to gain promotion. It's time for Tony to make a statement of intent to his players - a new marquee £10m striker would show our ambition. Is it time to go 'all in' Mr Lizard?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Normally I am happy to put a price on our players when teams are interested, as I understand that we will always be a selling club when the price is right..

However on this occasion its a straight forward NO NO NO not for sale at any price, we will not go up without this fella in our side in my opinon, on top of that i bloody love watching him play

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good work from Newcastle, even if they don't get him it'll have an unsettling effect. Perhaps we should be making public bids for all of our rivals best players too.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Easily the best player in the league I wouldn't accept any offers for him . Just hope he hasn't got any clause in his contract that will force us to sell him . How much longer does he have left on his contract with us

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good work from Newcastle, even if they don't get him it'll have an unsettling effect. Perhaps we should be making public bids for all of our rivals best players too.

They would just laugh at us though, I imagine we are the lowest payers of the top clubs in this division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here