Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
CH didn't mention anything about strengthening the squad, merely holding what we have, or trying to.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The day we sell a star player to a divisional rival is the day we give up on promotion and admit the limits to our ambition.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Money talks and the problem is that Newcastle are splashing the cash like its going out of fashion. I wouldn't put it past them to come up with £10m and we'd find that very difficult to turn down.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Money talks and the problem is that Newcastle are splashing the cash like its going out of fashion. I wouldn't put it past them to come up with £10m and we'd find that very difficult to turn down.

Turn down 10m to have a good chance at a 200milion season the next year. I'd say it worth the gamble of refusing, you can almost sell him for the same price in a years time.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016

As they've so much money then £15 million won't be a problem will it, if they're so desperate for him.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Turn down 10m to have a good chance at a 200milion season the next year. I'd say it worth the gamble of refusing, you can almost sell him for the same price in a years time.

Top right. We sell and we can kiss by to promotion this season and all that £10 million will probably cover is some of Tony Blooms loses this season then he'll have to find it again and again but keeping him and Dunk etc then we'll have a good chance of wining the golden ticket.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I agree, but the trouble is, if they were prepared to offer that kind of money, then the deal he'd be on up there would be lifechanging for him. In an ideal world we could bat it back and hold him to his contract, but we all know how these things usually play out. If he wants out, it'll only be a matter of time.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I agree, but the trouble is, if they were prepared to offer that kind of money, then the deal he'd be on up there would be lifechanging for him. In an ideal world we could bat it back and hold him to his contract, but we all know how these things usually play out. If he wants out, it'll only be a matter of time.

Sorry the French but **** him, how about the club and us fans.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hughton on SSN now.

'We want to go again this season'

'Comes with the territory'

'We want them here'

'We want to challenge again'

'We will try our very very best to keep our best players'

Years of practice giving those lines out whilst at Spurs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry the French but **** him, how about the club and us fans.

What about us ? He doesn't owe us anything. He'd never even HEARD of Brighton and Hove Albion until 6 months ago.

He's a professional footballer looking to maximise his earnings for him and his family during a short career. If you had an opportunity of going somewhere else, where you could more than double your money and more, then you'd do it. So would I. So would anyone. Fact of life chap.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
What about us ? He doesn't owe us anything. He'd never even HEARD of Brighton and Hove Albion until 6 months ago.

He's a professional footballer looking to maximise his earnings for him and his family during a short career. If you had an opportunity of going somewhere else, where you could more than double your money and more, then you'd do it. So would I. So would anyone. Fact of life chap.

He played against us for Leicester at the Amex. I don't care for players or feel sorry as they aren't earning 50k a week even though fans earn an average 25k a year. They signed contracts so honour them and they'll only be sold when we decide. If they don't like it tuff shite then play them in the under 21s.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This is the sad reality, enhanced by unscrupulous football agents who are only concerned about maximising their clients (and therefore their own) income.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
would you turn down the chance to double treble your annual wage and secure your future for the rest of your life out of loyalty to a company you had worked for at for 6 months?

Yes but that's not the point is it. He signed for 3 and half years so any potential move is evelvent unless the club decides to sell and on the selling clubs terms. Can't have players coming and going on their terms as it'll make a mockery of contracts.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Yes but that's not the point is it. He signed for 3 and half years so any potential move is evelvent unless the club decides to sell and on the selling clubs terms. Can't have players coming and going on their terms as it'll make a mockery of contracts.

Contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on I am afraid. If a player want to move he will get a move. It works both ways too clubs can sell players against their will.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The way this thread is going you'd think Knocky has already refused to play again and wants out immmediately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here