Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in the Media

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
As we've grown in profile so to is the amount of times we turn up in the media.

There isn't always a thread to post a new video/article in so maybe a thread dedicated to random stuff (rather than start new ones all the time) for others to post in and read.

To kick it off...

Good video but I found myself a little irritated with his constant arm movements all over the place - reminded me of Magnus Pike*

* a reference for the kids there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a whole sub-forum for it.

Not sure how many people use it though. Maybe something for @Bozza to consider.
That’s historic - I set ot up to automatically pull from various RSS feeds, although many of them might not be active any more - it’s a little sparse now.

I’ll add it to my “to do” list!

Not sure I’d be a lie to get it to pick up YT videos automatically though. No harm in posting them here for people to look at.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
There's a whole sub-forum for it.

Not sure how many people use it though. Maybe something for @Bozza to consider.
Didn’t know that. Like many others perhaps(?) I militantly only look at the ‘Big Board’ tbh. I would love any form of aggregation on here for these kind of vids and articles. 👍🏻

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn’t know that. Like many others perhaps(?) I militantly only look at the ‘Big Board’ tbh. I would love any form of aggregation on here for these kind of vids and articles. 👍🏻
Think this is a better place for it tbh. Good thread.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
14:30 onwards for Andy talking about how he got to the Albion and his time with us (a few good stories in there).

Last edited:
Reactions: cjd

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I find all the high praise and gushing adoration a little too much really. I just want to enjoy watching football.

My boss at work, a good friend too, is a Leeds United fan (a proper one from the area) and doesn't stop crowing about the Albion. Even looks out for our results each week and knows as much about our games as Leeds. I think folk are drawn to it because it's an unusual story. I always play it down. Yes, at the moment things seem to be going well, but it can all change. So I'm just enjoying it for what it is. I never forget the rock from which we were hewn. As far as I am concerned we are a third division team done good.

I find it better to see it this way. It keeps folk liking us too. The only danger is a new breed of fans who are as entitled as some others have become. An Albion fan of 18-20 has known nothing other than this curve of success. I hope parents have Albion history on the curriculum.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I find all the high praise and gushing adoration a little too much really. I just want to enjoy watching football.

My boss at work, a good friend too, is a Leeds United fan (a proper one from the area) and doesn't stop crowing about the Albion. Even looks out for our results each week and knows as much about our games as Leeds. I think folk are drawn to it because it's an unusual story. I always play it down. Yes, at the moment things seem to be going well, but it can all change. So I'm just enjoying it for what it is. I never forget the rock from which we were hewn. As far as I am concerned we are a third division team done good.

I find it better to see it this way. It keeps folk liking us too. The only danger is a new breed of fans who are as entitled as some others have become. An Albion fan of 18-20 has known nothing other than this curve of success. I hope parents have Albion history on the curriculum.

Someone uploaded this a few days ago. A bit of past history. A 19 year old Bobby Zamora.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Someone uploaded this a few days ago. A bit of past history. A 19 year old Bobby Zamora.

That was a strange game was that. I have a love for Aldershot Town as well as Albion. The first place I lived was a few streets from The Rec.

I decided to go neutral for the match. Standing in the passive end of the home supporters I cheered the Albion goal ! Then cheered the Aldershot goal afterwards. I had eight goals to enjoy that day. Needless to say, there has been no conflict since.

el punal

There are no worries concerning ‘entitlement’ with my grandson. He has been well briefed on our history and the rocky road to success. Yes, everything in the garden is roses at the moment but it is always possible that we could end up like Wigan or Portsmouth or any other previous PL short term high fliers. A case of feet firmly planted on the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here