Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion finances review

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So you had access to the inner sanctum at Portsmouth did you? Do share............

For once in my life, my previous post wasn't actually intended as a poke at Redknapp. Merely at anyone- be that the director of football, chairman, manager, chief exec- who would sanction the paying of such a massive salary to such an ordinary player as Utaka (especially at a club like Pompey who were at the time getting crowds of under 20,000.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
For once in my life, my previous post wasn't actually intended as a poke at Redknapp. Merely at anyone- be that the director of football, chairman, manager, chief exec- who would sanction the paying of such a massive salary to such an ordinary player as Utaka (especially at a club like Pompey who were at the time getting crowds of under 20,000.

Fair enough. Easy to forget that managers merely provide the names of players they would like to the CE who then sets the 'wheels in motion' which is why i can never understand the 'Arry nearly put Pompey out of business' guff that gets spouted on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here