Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Fans vs Ticket Window ****Official Bun Fight Thread****

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Would just encourage people to travel without tickets which I don’t think the club nor the Dutch would want to do.
Don’t think it will encourage people to travel without tickets as that is going to happen for all three games anyway.

Amsterdam will be in the hundreds if not thousands.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Ridiculous idea, a thousand of us queuing for half a dozen uncollected tickets. There’ll be a riot.
You can bet your bollocks some will be at the collection point harassing the staff at the death regardless.
No one has suggested a queuing system. If there are six uncollected tickets, six more people would go to the ticket collection point.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I get people are disappointed (try getting a Glasto ticket!) but the loyalty system works exceptionally well. Those who go to games get priority. The club took an additional step to give fans the opportunity to register interest which presumably would've bought down the points needed for a guaranteed ticket. It's pretty fair.

It was wonderful to qualify, and I'm not demeaning anyone for getting excited, but it was pretty clear at the end of last season that there were going to be a lot of disappointed fans who wanted to experience a big European game away. Lots of people saying they were going to go and make the effort but hadn't been to an away game that year.
"what you can hear in the background is the sound of thirty thousand seagull fans planning a european tour"

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Don’t think it will encourage people to travel without tickets as that is going to happen for all three games anyway.

Amsterdam will be in the hundreds if not thousands.
Well not for Marseille because you would have to pretty daft to go all the way there without a ticket when you could have got one easily even if you had not preregistered.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well not for Marseille because you would have to pretty daft to go all the way there without a ticket when you could have got one easily even if you had not preregistered.
Think you are being a bit naive there Dave.

Not everyone is a season ticket holder or a MyAlbion member. You couldn’t even join MyAlbion and buy a ticket because you needed to have been a member for 14 days before you could buy a ticket. Which is why I found it odd they didn’t open it up to purchase history.

Plus if my numerous years of travelling around the planet watching this daft sport has taught me anything it’s that days out are usually ruined by 90 minutes of football so it’s not a requirement for everyone. They’ll be plenty of ticketless fans in Marseille.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Loads already going without tickets. Surely the authorities would rather have some of them in the stadium than in Dam Square?
I know loads are going already. That’s still different to the club encouraging it by offering up the possibility of tickets on arrival. It would be a mad thing to do.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Not everyone is a season ticket holder or a MyAlbion member. You couldn’t even join MyAlbion and buy a ticket because you needed to have been a member for 14 days before you could buy a ticket. Which is why I found it odd they didn’t open it up to purchase history.

Plus if my numerous years of travelling around the planet watching this daft sport has taught me anything it’s that days out are usually ruined by 90 minutes of football so it’s not a requirement for everyone. They’ll be plenty of ticketless fans in Marseille.
Now i am not sure if the American lad was already a my albion + member or not ,he may well have been, but i would be willing to bet that if anyone with previous buying history with the albion had contacted the club when it had 400 or so tickets it could not sell and offered to buy one and a my albion + membership they would have been received very favourably! I confidently predict less than 10 true Albion supporters will travel without a ticket. Saying that i would expect a few rabble-rousers/hangers on just looking for trouble to turn up.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I know loads are going already. That’s still different to the club encouraging it by offering up the possibility of tickets on arrival. It would be a mad thing to do.
I’m not suggesting that the Club would want to advertise this facility up front, but if in the afternoon they have a few dozen uncollected tickets, why not put these on sale online?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

We’ve known since May that we were in the Europa League and it was pretty obvious that at least MyAlbion+ would be needed for away tickets. Anyone who wanted a ticket and didn’t become a member only has themselves to blame I’m afraid.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We’ve known since May that we were in the Europa League and it was pretty obvious that at least MyAlbion+ would be needed for away tickets. Anyone who wanted a ticket and didn’t become a member only has themselves to blame I’m afraid.
I think you're both misunderstanding slightly.

There will be a group of people, and I imagine @Arthur knows a few of them, who will happily travel to Marseille on a jolly and have little/no interest in going to the game itself. They'll know a few who are going - friends and friends of friends - and they're happy to join them for the fun of it.

When I was living in Bristol, I recall a northern away day (Rotherham or Doncaster - someone like that) with @cunning fergus where we met up with a group of 30 or so he knew from Sussex, and had a great pre-match pub session. Of the 30, around 4 or 5 went to the game. The remainder stayed in the pub and waited for everyone else to return.

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
After years as a Purchase History fan I could see that the higher success we were having in cup runs and Europe becoming more likely meant MyAlbion+ was a necessity towards end of last season. I can only make 2-5 games a season due to distance from home in Nottingham and being retired I take quite a few holidays to avoid our miserable winter. So I go where I can. Mostly away matches in the midlands and the north. Midweek is sometimes better as not many can travel from the south coast.

I am delighted to have got a ticket to Marseille. Would have loved to have gone to the other two but no chance given the number of STs going. Quite right - as it should be.

But I live off the scraps I can get and a grateful for that. The 3 pack Euro home match was a bonus and jumped at the chance. It’s a 400 mile round trip for midweek games and I’ll pick up/ drop off my son in London on the way. Means I get home about 3am.

Does that mean I am not a “loyal” fan? I’ve supported the club from afar for 50+ years from the Goldstone days. Enjoy it while you can. These are our glory days. Leicester fans had some of those and now…. I’ll still be doing this for many more years whatever happens

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
But everyone (myself included) thought it would be a closed shop and would sell out to season ticket holders. Why would you pay £30 to join as a MyAlbion member to not use it. As someone on this thread pointed out ticket wise we got a pretty good draw. But at no point did I think we wouldn’t sell out a game. Which makes it even more puzzling why they didn’t push it to purchase history.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe it’ll be all those scallies that were being handed away tickets by their mates and committing all the offences at away games before the ID checks and sanctions came in who fancy a jolly-up abroad. What could possibly go wrong 😑

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But everyone (myself included) thought it would be a closed shop and would sell out to season ticket holders. Why would you pay £30 to join as a MyAlbion member to not use it. As someone on this thread pointed out ticket wise we got a pretty good draw. But at no point did I think we wouldn’t sell out a game. Which makes it even more puzzling why they didn’t push it to purchase history.
Umm…….to encourage people to buy membership ? You guessed wrong on the sales and could have got a ticket with membership so would have been able to use it.

I’ve got quite a few pals who are ‘occasionals’, all have A+ membership because they known it means they can receive ‘shared’ tickets and they get at least some priority on ticket purchases - potentially things like cup semis etc too.

I think the word loyalty is often used inappropriately . At the end of the day , we’re all Brighton fans , some for 50 years , some for much shorter times but we probably are all as invested. Tier 2 this morning was just a lucky dip . It’s impossible to please everyone with such a small ticket allocation.
Yes we should operate a voluntary ban on that word, it's very loaded. Someone on very low income who uses most of their disposable to buy a season ticket and hence gives up a lot of other stuff is arguably more loyal in my book than someone going to a fair few aways who can afford it without a thought

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Hit refresh bang on 9am. The button changed from Sold Out to Buy. Selected a block, hit 'Best Available' to avoid wasting time selecting an individual seat and sailed straight through payment

The key is speed. It will be sit anywhere inside the away end anyway, so don't worry about where you are sitting. Just get any ticket which will get you into the ground.

Why would it be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here