Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans going out to Brazil?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hope all those Albion fans who are going enjoy their trip. If you get the chance, it would be nice to see a few blogs popping up during the tournament-especially the wearing of Albion shirts in unusual places (but preferably not an Amazon crocodile's mouth).

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
We have booked our trip totally independent of travel agents, official travel etc, all via the internet, and basically spending a lot of time finding good deals. Every world cup is a fantastic event, getting to see large parts of the country is what it is all about for me, the football being a common bond making it even better. I have done Italy 1990, France 1998, Japan 2002, Germany 2006 and South Africa 2010. For me its not just the football, its the experience. The trip to South Africa was just as good after England got knocked out. Anyway I will be enjoying my boring time in the Amazon jungle, and dull Rio where nobody loves football. NSC is such a negative place these days I don't think I will bother any more. I for one will be enjoying the summer, some of you lot will be looking out for things to moan about! Anyway I am back out to the sun in the garden or is it too hot for some of you! Anyway let me know when we can meet up and boo the new manager, and get on his back if we look to be making the play offs.

Anyway Brighton and England til I die from somebody who looks forward to life and football!

Agree Mr Blobby , It was a good day , nice and sunny then you come on here and people demand to know why you are voting UKIP , 'I ain't going to renew my season ticket' for various reasons and how crap our season was (well some people anyway) , 'England have no chance' etc etc etc . Anyway good luck with your trip and I wish I could be there with you just like in Ukraine where I have never experienced such a good and friendly holiday before , it's what you want to do and is once in a lifetime in Brazil so all the best to you and send the photo's when you can . Good luck to England my full support will be behind them , and I think they have a good chance to be honest .

And to repeat your saying 'Brighton and England till I die'

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hope all those Albion fans who are going enjoy their trip. If you get the chance, it would be nice to see a few blogs popping up during the tournament-especially the wearing of Albion shirts in unusual places (but preferably not an Amazon crocodile's mouth).

Mark's is on his autosig (the h/l called England Away). Well worth a look. You may recognise a few off the protagonists!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
total load of bollocks , how's your average punter going to afford that!! .............oh hold on they're a thing of the past that's been swept away under the carpet :nono:
regards
DR

Just because you can't? Since when have world cups not in Europe been in reach of the "average punter" Why not just wish them a good trip?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We have booked our trip totally independent of travel agents, official travel etc, all via the internet, and basically spending a lot of time finding good deals. Every world cup is a fantastic event, getting to see large parts of the country is what it is all about for me, the football being a common bond making it even better. I have done Italy 1990, France 1998, Japan 2002, Germany 2006 and South Africa 2010. For me its not just the football, its the experience. The trip to South Africa was just as good after England got knocked out. Anyway I will be enjoying my boring time in the Amazon jungle, and dull Rio where nobody loves football. NSC is such a negative place these days I don't think I will bother any more. I for one will be enjoying the summer, some of you lot will be looking out for things to moan about! Anyway I am back out to the sun in the garden or is it too hot for some of you! Anyway let me know when we can meet up and boo the new manager, and get on his back if we look to be making the play offs.

Anyway Brighton and England til I die from somebody who looks forward to life and football!

Enjoy it and good luck. Any tips for booking a trip to the Galapagos in 2015 (no football involved but websites etc) much appreciated.

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Any other Albion fans heading out to Brazil for the World Cup? Would be good if we could get a few Albion fans together for a few beers.

We fly out to Lisbon on Monday 9th and then to Manaus on the 10th as having a few days in the Amazon before the Italy game.

Got changeable flights back from Rio after the first knock out game on the 30th June.

There will be a few of us at various stages, 8 Brighton, 1 Birmingham, 1 Aston Villa! Been shopping ready for it today so starting to get excited.

Have all internal flights sorted and hotels/apartments booked for the three weeks, cost was not as bad as expected. So far about £2.5k for everything which includes flights from London-Lisbon-Manaus-Sao Paulo-Belo Horizonte-Rio-London , 2 x 3 night trips into the amazon and a further 17 nights accommodation including a night in Lisbon. Planning all done, come on June 9th!

The Thomson Sport (official travel) has a trip from 12-26th June and the price is FROM £6,995!!!!:eek: or you can do the second 2 group games from 18-26th June for £4,995.

I'm heading out & arrive to Sao Paulo 28th June with the plan of heading straight down to Rio. Would be great to link up with some fellow Brighton fans. . :drink:

Do you plan to stay out if England do the unimaginable and pass group stages?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can wait for the Brazil blog, post the event and the customary photo of Liz and a large larger !

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
can't even be bothered to watch it on the TV let alone travel that far for it.
Agree, cant believe that anyone would go to Brazil for the following reasons
1.High amount of crime, murder is a common event.
2.Travelling from hotels to matches will take hours due to heavy road delays
3.Weather can be very hot and wet
4.Very nasty sickness can be caught from mosquito bites
5. Our team not likely to get through the first round,young players will gain some useful experience for the next World cup

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
5. Our team not likely to get through the first round,young players will gain some useful experience for the next World cup

Each to their own, but I cannot wait to go personally and think it's obtuse to think that it's going to be a bad trip.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Sorry if you thought my post was negative, it certainly wasn't meant to be. I hope you have a fantastic time, I'm sure you will, and I am very envious of all those England fans making the trip. I was just reflecting on how watching England away has changed over the years.

I always read your blogs after your trips away with England and find them an excellent read. You've certainly seen and been to some interesting places.

It sounds like you've done your homework again for your trip, and will end up spending less than half those travelling on the organised trips will, and see twice as much.

The last tournament I did was the Euros in 2000, and to be honest, it was all a little staid and sanitised, but it guess that's modern football in general.

Anyway, have a great time!

It was not aimed at you, just followed on from your post! People who are not interested/wont be watching, well stop posting your boring rubbish. Leave this thread for those of us going or are interested!!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I bet you're a barrel of laughs on a long coach trip.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Disagree.

Did euros in 1980, World Cup in 82 and Italia 90 without using a travel agent and in those days it could certainly be done without breaking the bank.

Mexico 86 a bricklayer friend of mine met a Mexican girl and became an English teacher out there. Never came home!

These days it's all far too sanitised for me, club England etc.

Good luck to those making the trip this summer.

I imagine all these Mexicans running about speaking English like this

put the line up you wanker

any chance of a knock up

that ****ing hoddie's useless

there's a grunter in this wall

any fear of any gear

wall tie high you tosser

those chippie's are *****

PUG UP!

shame ROTR is banned he's done a few I believe,including Mexico

would know doubt had some interesting feedback

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I bet you're a barrel of laughs on a long coach trip.

No he isn't.

1. There is a chance of crime on coaches and the possibility of murder.
2. Travel delays can make a long journey even longer.
3. It could be cold and wet.
4. He may catch a disease from someone.
5. it may be all over when he gets there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just because you can't? Since when have world cups not in Europe been in reach of the "average punter" Why not just wish them a good trip?

He can't even be arsed to go the Albion but feels quite comfortable coming on here to pass judgement, so you don't seriously expect him to be any different when it comes to Brazil, do you?

Have a great trip, Mark & others: I for one am hugely jealous & look forward to reading about it.
:thumbsup:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I went over to South America at the beginning of 2012. Went to Rio and saw the carnival. 200 quid a ticket, but you need to do these things. I didn't come across any problems while I was there with my girlfriend. Some of the bus drivers are nutters. Like a scene out of Speed. The Copacabana beach had a lot of litter on the sand and in the water. I thought at the time it's a shame the tourists and the locals don't put their rubbish in the bin or take it home with them. Same could be said of Brighton beach on a busy weekend I guess. Rio's a great city though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I read in the WSC World Cup preview the other day that by far the largest contingent of foreign supporters in Brazil will be from the USA. I think the figure they were expecting is 150,000 (not all with match tickets presumably).

Yes I know it's a populous nation, that it is, relatively speaking a rich one, and that travel isn't that difficult for them, but nonetheless I think that's impressive (for what is traditionally a "non football" nation). A larger travelling contingent than countries like Argentina, for example.

They're also expecting 50,000 from Chile, while the highest number of match tickets snapped up for any one nation other than Brazil or the USA is for...Australia.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I read in the WSC World Cup preview the other day that by far the largest contingent of foreign supporters in Brazil will be from the USA. I think the figure they were expecting is 150,000 (not all with match tickets presumably).

Yes I know it's a populous nation, that it is, relatively speaking a rich one, and that travel isn't that difficult for them, but nonetheless I think that's impressive (for what is traditionally a "non football" nation). A larger travelling contingent than countries like Argentina, for example. .

Yet at Barnsley on a Tuesday night there's no sight of them...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yet at Barnsley on a Tuesday night there's no sight of them...

Poor old Barnsley. Always the Wet Tuesday Night club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here