Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion chants you never hear anymore AND funniest crowd moments!

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
I remember back in the Goldstone days in mid/late 70's a chant "Hit him on the head, hit him on the head, hit him on the head with a baseball bat, oh yeah oh yeah hit him on the head with a baseball bat"..
One of my favourites from the Goldstone North Stand. I thought only I remembered it!
Many of the chants mentioned can still be heard at back of North Stand at the Amex. Clearly don’t carry to the rest of the stadium.
My favourite “oh Ryan Harley/Steve Sitwell you are the love of my life.....” too misogynistic maybe?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Sang to Exeter, you're French & you know you are.
THAT day at Hereford, You're Welsh and you know you are. They seemed rather angry.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
As a J block Withdean regular two comedy moments stand out, Stewards evicting a drunk with an artificial leg that came away in a stewards hands and the pitch invasion after the City game by a bloke in a " Benidorm Buggy"

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Gillinghams a shit hole I wanna go home

Leyton Orient away - there’s no one there, there’s no one there

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes it was Bobby! Do you remember

Aye, yi yi-yi

Tony Burns is better than Yashin

Dave Turner is better than Eusabio

..and Chelsea are in for a thrashing!

I remember:
Ay ay ay ay,
Bonetti is better than Yadhin,
Hollins is better than Eusebio
And Brighton are in for a thrashing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
(We've*) a knock-knee'd chicken and a bow legged hen
We aint lost a fight since we don't know when
We don't give a (and from here on, I did a double take like the mountie choir singing the response lines in the Lumberjack song).

There was a bloke who sat near me at Withdean, Hartlepools fan marooned down south and making best use of his blue and white bobble hat who, when exercised by the tomfoolery of a typical tier 4 referee one afternoon, stood up, red faced and shouted:

"It's people like you who give b'astards like me a bad name". I still titter when I think about that, to this day.

I also enjoyed the lad who liked a big cigar before the game, whose contribution to the entertainment in the seats was to shout:

"Hoof it!.........................................................
................................................quality hoof"

:lolol: :bowdown:

*never quite sure how the song began. Probably 7 different variants.
Oh and it was 'walking down THE SHOREHAM ROAD', which is what I did for every home game I attended between 69 and the ruddy end of it all.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone remember the celery years ? With flying vegetables around the away ends.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gillinghams a shit hole I wanna go home

Leyton Orient away - there’s no one there, there’s no one there

Every away game (and I went to loads in the dog days of the early noughties) at one time the first thing we did when we got in the ground was do the 'There's no-one there' ritual, three times, pointing each time to the three other bits of the stadium where there was, er, hardly anyone there. It was more fun when they were there (the more the better), as this was ironic, and everone knows that thick people can't do irony so, erm, ner. Ner, ner-ner ner ner.

I hope this tradition has been continued at the nations finest EPL stadia, but alas I am no longer there to check, being too busy these days to go to away games. ???

:facepalm:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm no historian, but New Shoreham is centred around St Marys (C. 1080 ) and the harbour/river at the footbridge.

'Old' Shoreham is St Nicholas Church which is older, Circa AD 900.

Over time the two have become co-joined by development and are commonly known as one town.

THe A259 coast road is relatively new, the old A27 'top' road is the Old Shoreham Rd which runs from the Toll Bridge by St Nicholas, all the way to Brighton past the Goldstone ground.

Thanks!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Referee, referee your old lady is a whore, your old lady is a whore.
As a young un I thought the North Stand were singing “your old lady is a horse” :lolol:

You've had a mare there.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’ll never forget a game at Withdean, where the south stand lino was having a shocker and some wag shouted: ‘Excuse me, linesman you’re not very good are you?’ And that was it….

It's the single ones you hear that get to you. I'd rather have a stadium of people singing "the referee's a wanker" than one person saying that. Weird how psychology works eh?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Always amusing when the away subs warmed up in front of H/J blocks at Withdean:

i.e. "Walsall subs - you must be shit, Walsall subs - you must be shit" etc, or if one had a dodgy barnet - "Where did you get your hair cut, Poundshop, Poundshop"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Always amusing when the away subs warmed up in front of H/J blocks at Withdean:

i.e. "Walsall subs - you must be shit, Walsall subs - you must be shit" etc, or if one had a dodgy barnet - "Where did you get your hair cut, Poundshop, Poundshop"

Lawrie Sanchez at Withdean - “Where did you get your coat from, poundshop, poundshop” :lolol:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
If you go down to the woods today
You better go in disguise.
If you go down to the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise
Cos Jeremy the Sugar Puffs Bear
Has bought some boots and cropped his hair
Today's the day that Jeremy joined the Skinheads.

Brazil, it's just like watching Brazil.

Celery, Celery, if she don't cum I'll tickle her bum
With a stick of Celery
All 3 are great but the "Tickle her bum witha stick of celery" is my favourite. I don't think it's uniquely ours but it' bloody funny IMHO.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Where's your finger? Where's your finger? Where's your finger Charlie George?
One for the teenagers there.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
One of the funniest moments for me, at an away match, was at Shrewsbury in the 70s. Home team awarded a penalty in front of the Albion supporters and one of our throng dropped his trousers and sat on the fence behind the goal and bared his bum at the penalty taker. Does anyone on here want to confess? They still scored of course…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here