Albion agree contract for Irish midfielder Towell

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Not sure anyone can predict how it might turn out, but I'm not overly excited yet....... he has been incredible... in the League of Ireland having previously failed in Scotland, Hambo was incredible... In Finland.

CMS was incredible in League 1 and he couldn't make the jump to a top half championship side, we're now better than that side.

Here's hoping Towell can make the step up, Shane Long and Kevin Doyle did. I trust the recruitment team and Hughton, though it is a big step up from League of Ireland.

I see his signature as a bit more of punt that could go either way, rather than a surefire free scoring midfielder (as he's been in Ireland)

Richie Towell has been given a fantastic opportunity at a great club with world class facilities, better players, top coaches and a top manager - this can only make him better. I truly wish him well and hope to see him terrorising oppositions wearing the stripes. Good luck Richie. UTA

He failed in Scotland because he was played as a defender! Don't think anyone is getting overexcited but worth a go on a free & if the recruitment team and Hughton think he's good enough, he's good enough for me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Uptown Funk

I said RIch Towell' **** you up, Rich Towell **** you up.
Rich Towell **** you up, Rich Towell **** you up
Damn, he flaunts it. He's sexy and wants it*
He's class, he owns it. Permanent not loanee.
Damn he flaunts it. He's sexy and wants it ......

It's Saturday night, He's alright.
Don't believe me? Just watch!
deler de ler. deler de ler
Don't believe me just watch!

*applicable if sexy.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He failed in Scotland because he was played as a defender! Don't think anyone is getting overexcited but worth a go on a free & if the recruitment team and Hughton think he's good enough, he's good enough for me.

I agree, he's certainly worth a go, glad we've got someone with such potential. Here's hoping

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like a great bench option, if the going gets tough we can throw in the Towell.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome to the Albion Richie. If you can score goals from midfield in the Championship (and, here's hoping, the Prem) like you did at Dundalk, then you will be a valuable asset to the Albion.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Crofts as cover for Stephens, and Towell ready to stand in for Kayal.

Fantastic business. JFC on another long loan in Jan, and Holla away permanently I'd wager.

Yeah probably not far wrong with that assessment - i personally wouldnt be surprised if JFC went permanently either in Jan or in the summer - he's fallen completely out of favour and cant even make the bench - the same applies to Holla too

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Have only just had the chance to review his career to date and it looks like Colin Calderwood might have been influential in bringing him here as he had him on loan at Hibernian twice whilst he was on Celtic's books.

If he can be the understudy to Kayal then great but im not expecting huge things from him now.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
When Posh is all excited
she likes to moan and howl
'cos when she's shagging Beckham
she thinks of Richie Towell

:facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect more than that probably £2m plus and then a sell on etc to even consider it. He is a current U21 international what would he be worth at 23 or 24 if he progressed. I think that they will look at another loan for the rest of the season. MK Dons or similar.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I would expect more than that probably £2m plus and then a sell on etc to even consider it. He is a current U21 international what would he be worth at 23 or 24 if he progressed. I think that they will look at another loan for the rest of the season. MK Dons or similar.
I completely agree on this one BG.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree that we will look to loan JFC out; not sell him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports