Albion after Forster and Tann

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
From argus website we are after Forster from Hull and Tann from Orient and Murdock has been interviewed for goalkeeping coach.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Please please please!!

"Albion had a £100,000 bid for Forster rejected by Hull during the January transfer window.

The 33-year-old still has a year left on his contract at the KC Stadium but he has a home in Sussex and is thought to be keen to move back."

It was Forster that scored with his hand against us, wasn't it? :angry:

Adam Tann - don't know much about him. Glad to see we are looking to fill the right hand side of defence. I just hope we get Whing.

Forster and Whing would be grrrrrrrrrrreat!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Isn't it comforting to find there is some transfer activity this early in the close season:clap2: :clap2:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Forster played for Horley didn't he? Sounds like Palace country to me.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I thought Wilkins wasn't going to name his targets untill we signed them to save disappointment?
Would love to see the Hull player down here along with Whing.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
algie said:
I thought Wilkins wasn't going to name his targets untill we signed them to save disappointment?
Would love to see the Hull player down here along with Whing.

Who said anything about Wilkins naming the targets?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
prepare to be once again disapointed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Scotty Mac said:
prepare to be once again disapointed

Possibly, but these are realistic targets not the pie in th sky of so many other targets.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Forster and Whing would both be excellent signings, then all we need is a creative midfielder and I reckon we could make a realistic challenge next season. We looked pretty good defensively when Andy Whing was in the side, his presence coincided with our best run of the season, all we needed was a bit more decisiveness in attack.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Forster - roughly 1 goal in 3 through his career and coming down to a lower level could well do 20 goals- and Whing YES
Tann less than impressive the couple of times I saw him a- about two seasons back now though
Murdoch excellent - met him once a few years ago and was impressed by his sincerity

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
If we signed Whing and Forster it would be great and they would add a lot of experience to our side. I think our chances of getting Whing are good but we've missed out on so many strikers in the past few years that it would hardly surprise me if we added Forster again to the ever growing list.

I think we should go for Murdoch as he's nearby and has a bit of experience. Probably the best man for the job.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Still too many if's and but's in that story for me. It would be nice to see Forster join, however, I'll believe it when it actually happens. Not sure Hull would want to sell a player who came second in their player of the year poll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports