Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 29th highest earning football club in the world per Deloitte Money League

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Any idea what the average spend is for our fans?

E9B427DE-18F2-4861-84A9-20D10331FBD4.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course, the loans are syndicated presently but do come with a fixed and floating charge.

Your teeth would itch if you knew just how far out of my comfort zone I am when talking money, but I'll plough on anyway.

I think I understood a throw away comment correctly, on the wireless recently.
It was said, words to the effect of 'the Glaziers have made other purchases using Utds 'profits' to underpin the deals. But as these clubs also run at a loss Utd is effectly keeping them running, before looking after itself'.

Or I might be wronger than BG putting a valuation on an Albion player.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Keiran’s arch nemesis, Rob Wilson of Sheffield Hallam University, was on 5live this afternoon discussing these numbers. He explained that PL broadcasting income is set to fall not insignificantly. Those PL top 6 clubs with huge global reach, are replacing this with incredible sponsorship contracts.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
In their last set of annual accounts Manchester United

Owed £496 million to investment banks on which interest of £19 million was paid
Owed £270 million to other clubs for transfer fees
Had a bank balance of £242 million on which interest of £1 million was earned

Ed Woodward, the Manchester United CEO, is a former investment banker...
You can tell... [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji857]

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I was thinking the same. Also surprised with how high Bayerns is due to the amount we hear about how cheap it is over in Germany.

I visited Bayern's ground when I was in Munich last summer. Off-season of course but I was kind of blown away by the smell of corporate money that seemed to permeate the place. It's weird seeing a club stadium that is 3 times bigger than The Amex and it really rammed home "how the other half live". I still love the Amex though. Although I was jealous of the almost endless rows and rows of Paulaner taps. Which of course you can drink while watching the game......

Paulaner.jpg

Given what I saw regarding the amount of beer Germans drink in their beer gardens one would imagine a significant chunk of their matchday income comes from that alone.

A cold 500ml Paulaner in your seat vs a lukewarm pint of Fosters on the Amex concourse? Pass the Bratwurst please.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Another question, does anyone know when the Amex naming rights runs out? If it was a 10 year deal then that's going to be around June next year. Presumably there were increases built in depending on success but if we can stay in the division this and next year that should boost the coffers a bit more!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another question, does anyone know when the Amex naming rights runs out? If it was a 10 year deal then that's going to be around June next year. Presumably there were increases built in depending on success but if we can stay in the division this and next year that should boost the coffers a bit more!

(sorry I seem to be chasing you around the forum, this morning)

AMEX should be walking away from the deal now, Shirley it'll always be The AMEX from now own.
I hope they don't, it's incredibly odd to have an 'attachment' to a worldwide credit card company of which I've never been a customer, but I do feel like they are 'ours'.

As said, very odd indeed, and I guess that's why companies do this and why BANCO GUAYAQUIL is the Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for Ecuador.

Barber-Out can only dream of such a deal. :lol:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Has Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth. and Huddersfield published their accounts yet? I'd guess Swansea. West Brom, and Stoke have as we used to have to ,make our accounts public in December when we were in the Championship.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Keiran’s arch nemesis, Rob Wilson of Sheffield Hallam University, was on 5live this afternoon discussing these numbers. He explained that PL broadcasting income is set to fall not insignificantly. Those PL top 6 clubs with huge global reach, are replacing this with incredible sponsorship contracts.

Rob and I sadly were in the Daily Mail yesterday on this subject. Slightly disappointed they failed to link Meghan's latest frock choice and her FEUD with Kate to United dropping from 1st to 3rd.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-6628453/Experts-warn-Manchester-United-great-finances-based-great-football.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here