Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Alastair Cook to retire from Test cricket

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hopefully not he has failed in the past a number of times but he is a mate of Root so who knows.

If he is in good form then there is no reason why he shouldn't return. Started off pretty well but faded. May be time to recall.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Hopefully not he has failed in the past a number of times but he is a mate of Root so who knows.

Nothing wrong with failing as long as you come back and learn. Mark Butcher had a very poor start to his test career but came back and became a successful test match player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Outstanding batsman and also seems such a decent, genuine bloke. Glad for him he’s decided to quit now rather than struggle on. Best of luck Chef.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
A great player in his prime. The combination of Strauss & Cook as an opening pair were a world class & reliable combination. He often struggled for runs in recent years, although he rolled back the years with that double century in Melbourne last winter plus against the West Indies last Summer. Cook probably kept his place as the selection cupboard is pretty bare when it comes to quality replacements, as has been seen by the steady turnover of opening partners since Strauss quit. He has been a matchwinner on many occasions. His contribution in the Ashes series of 10/11 was memorable. However, the time is probably right for Cook to go. Who to replace him with though? Nobody obvious out there. Hopefully there is a young opener of Sam Curran equivalent on the horizon? We can wish......

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The ever-gracious Piers Morgan paying his touching tribute.
"Farewell Alastair Cook.
I'll be honest: I can't forgive him for wrecking @KP24's England career, he bored me to tears as a batsman, has barely scored an important Test run for years & it's weird he never sweats. " To be fair, he does go on to say that he "played many invaluable innings" but he's scarcely going overboard with praise.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"Farewell Alastair Cook.
I'll be honest: I can't forgive him for wrecking @KP24's England career, he bored me to tears as a batsman, has barely scored an important Test run for years & it's weird he never sweats. " To be fair, he does go on to say that he "played many invaluable innings" but he's scarcely going overboard with praise.

What a **** Morgan is

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"Farewell Alastair Cook.
Morgan is a prick

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"Farewell Alastair Cook.

Total ****ing wanker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here