Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alan Velasco

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well we’ve had a bid for him previously so clearly interest on our side. There is reportedly a release clause which other clubs have been unwilling to pay. Maybe we are now.

18 year old highly rated talent. Risk, but big ceiling, good potential resale value, South American. Clearly fits our profile.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Our recent transfer policy seems based on the old FM cheat of searching for regens of retired superstars. Does he have the same birthday as Maxi Rodriguez?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saw this a couple of days ago, makes it sound as though he is expecting to stay where he is, or certainly not put any pressure from his side on Indipendiente to sell.

https://www.paladarrojo.com.ar/2021/06/alan-velasco-soy-el-primero-en-hacer-autocritica/

"Today I don't think about leaving the club. I do not forget everything that Independiente gave to my family, at times he even fed us. My dream is to play in Europe, I think I can get there. That is not why I am going to go to the first offer that comes, I want to give back to the club everything they gave me”.

Looks like he doesn't feel ready to make his move yet.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
"Today I don't think about leaving the club. I do not forget everything that Independiente gave to my family, at times he even fed us. My dream is to play in Europe, I think I can get there. That is not why I am going to go to the first offer that comes, I want to give back to the club everything they gave me”.

I agree but money talks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

No reason why we can’t do what we did with Macallister and Moder. Get a deal done and then allow them to stay on for a while. Especially if it increase the chances of us making the signing and getting it done at a reasonable price.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No reason why we can’t do what we did with Macallister and Moder. Get a deal done and then allow them to stay on for a while. Especially if it increase the chances of us making the signing and getting it done at a reasonable price.

Recall from loan in January then!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
5' 6".....................move on !!

I guess you'd have turned down Maradona then, which would have been a pity. I heard he was pretty good. He was an inch shorter.

And in any case this lad probably hasn't stopped growing, he's only 18 and men commonly grow until they are about 21.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
And in any case this lad probably hasn't stopped growing, he's only 18 and men commonly grow until they are about 21.

Really!?

! My grandson is over six feet tall and he's only 14!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really!?

! My grandson is over six feet tall and he's only 14!

From Healthonline:

'Growth charts show that majority of guys grow just a little after the ages of 18. In rare cases, some people may hit puberty in their late teens and continue to grow into their early twenties. The reason most guys stop growing at this age is because their growth plates fuse shortly after puberty.'

Your grandson is likely to be particularly precocious. But my wording was unintentionally ambiguous. Where I said 'commonly grow' I should have said 'it is not uncommon'.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I guess you'd have turned down Maradona then, which would have been a pity. I heard he was pretty good. He was an inch shorter.

Exactly, I believe that Bobby Zamora was released from West Ham for the same reason we released Ian Wright; being too short.

Bobby had grown to 6ft by the time he got to us.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I’m 55 and still growing. Unfortunately not in height.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here