Alan Navarro?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Anyone know how his recovery is going? Is he out for the season?

My brother made an excellent point that he was one of our most influential players last season and we are top even without him. Our midfield depth now is impressive. I think Dicker has shone in Navarro's absence.

Would be doing as well or better with a fit Navarro? I think more or less the same.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
we look better, far better without him.

however in gus i trust so if gus thinks he's a good long-term bet who am i to argue!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Think he'll be out till feb. Valid point about him getting back in, And who says he'll be the same player he was when he returns?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Is he not more defensive than Bridcutt and Kish thus more suited to games against top teams who need to break up opponents with the ball, but maybe less so in a game we should win and control the ball ourselves? A Mascherano compared to an Alonso DM for want of a better example? I could see him only eased back slowly in that case but being important next season with the step up in class assuming we go up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
we look better, far better without him.

however in gus i trust so if gus thinks he's a good long-term bet who am i to argue!

Come on think about it. He was our top midfielder end of last season and looked brilliant in pre-season and at Swindon. The team has got better and been brilliant and would've done exactly the same with him in it. If he wasn't playing well he would have been out the team but he's been brilliant. Just cos he's out at the mo we shouldn't write him off / suggest he isn't good. He's class...

How good did Nav look after a proper pre-season? Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports