Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Navarro Retires from Professional Football

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Alan Navarro is, for me, a great Brighton player. The way he turned his career with us around, he fought back from poor form at the start of his career with us and a terrible knee injury to make himself a key player in our side in the Championship - a level above his general level in his career. His goal against Leeds, for those of us who were there, stands out as a cracking memory that season.

He was a lower league journeyman who excelled in his role for us and played his part in our rise to, and thriving in, the Championship.

All the best, Alan Navarro.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Alan Navarro is, for me, a great Brighton player. The way he turned his career with us around, he fought back from poor form at the start of his career with us and a terrible knee injury to make himself a key player in our side in the Championship - a level above his general level in his career. His goal against Leeds, for those of us who were there, stands out as a cracking memory that season.

He was a lower league journeyman who excelled in his role for us and played his part in our rise to, and thriving in, the Championship.

I'll go with this.

And in addition, he was released by the club but stayed on to train and keep his fitness up. His attitude and effort was exemplary, so much so that the decision to release him was reversed, and he played most of the following season. This sort of thing barely ever happens, but sums up why he is held in such high regard.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Spot on sir!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Wasn't at Leeds, but I'll go along with the rest of that. The man did a job for us. Best of luck to him for the future.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Solid player who never let the side down.

Be nice if the club helped him with his badges if that is the path he takes.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Good pro for us. His best days were in league 1 with us i feel. He was a bit out of his depth in the Championship at times.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Once more than certain people manage to score with their mail order Thai Brides then eh?

Do tell us more. Ernest has being trying to get us to laugh for years without success. This could be his big moment.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Spot on.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Alan Navarro, Great? Good luck to the bloke and he had his moments when he was here but Great? Seriously? [MENTION=4317]algie[/MENTION] s post no #30 is more like it.

Greats are people like Gary Nelson, Johnny Bryne, Danny Culip and Gary Stevens. Not some journeyman midfielder who went missing for the first 6 months of his Albion career, played very well for a spell before injuries got in the way. For me, his Albion career is on a par with Mike Trusson and of all the adjectives used to describe Trusson, Great isn't one of them.

No wonder football has managed to introduce vocabulary like 'Top, Top Player' if Alan Navarro is a great. We will be onto Top, Top, Top, Top Legend before we know it. If Alan Navarro is a great, what does that make Peter Ward?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is now a good time to point out that Andy Naylor 'broke' this story SIX days ago? #InTheKnow

And no, Navs wasn't an Albion Great (and that isn't what the OP was suggesting), but he was a dependable, reliable performer who regularly put in a shift for the team.

Anyway, good luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here