Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Mullery Live!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It was an excellent evening, well done to those at NWSS who organised it.

I don't give a shit if he got a few facts wrong or if he glossed over his second spell a bit, the bloke is an Albion legend.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He's entitled to have a slightly dodgy memory at his age! Great times to be an Albion fan.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I was there tonight, a brilliant talk.

Me too, can't believe the morons picking holes in facts. Probably the same people that take the pee out of Aspinal after what's he's been through. Maybe one day there parents will make errors in their reminiscing and then they can take the cock out of their own ma and pa.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I was there tonight, a brilliant talk.

As a fellow 16/17 year old, I only have basic knowledge of the Mullery years, so I didn't really bother to watch it because I thought they would be talking about stuff that I didn't have a clue about. I ASSUME you were sort of in the same boat, is it worth a watch anyway?

I also found out that we are both Senior News Publication Distributors :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just finished watching it , his reminiscences of events from all those years ago bring it all back and suddenly you realise they happened when you were a teenager and now you're well into middle age.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Just finished watching it , his reminiscences of events from all those years ago bring it all back and suddenly you realise they happened when you were a teenager and now you're well into middle age.

Well put. I so enjoyed it. No complaints about minor inaccuracies. Most stories are enhanced by time in such a way anyway.

Albion Legend inded and well done to those at NWSS who organised the event and t'internet stream.

TNBA certainly applies to Mullers!

TTF

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Me too, can't believe the morons picking holes in facts. Probably the same people that take the pee out of Aspinal after what's he's been through. Maybe one day there parents will make errors in their reminiscing and then they can take the cock out of their own ma and pa.

Their.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As a fellow 16/17 year old, I only have basic knowledge of the Mullery years, so I didn't really bother to watch it because I thought they would be talking about stuff that I didn't have a clue about. I ASSUME you were sort of in the same boat, is it worth a watch anyway?

If you don't know much about those glory times, and have some inkling of wanting to (and it sounds like you do) this is as warm and inviting a way in as you are likely to get.

To his credit, Mullery seemed very aware of his audience being made of old and young fans, and puts what he and his teams went through in the context of what is happening today, so this might also give you a handle to work with.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If you don't know much about those glory times, and have some inkling of wanting to (and it sounds like you do) this is as warm and inviting a way in as you are likely to get.

To his credit, Mullery seemed very aware of his audience being made of old and young fans, and puts what he and his teams went through in the context of what is happening today, so this might also give you a handle to work with.

Thank you, I'll give it a watch later :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I love Mullers. But amazing how many factual inaccuracies there are in his account. Nevertheless, wonderful to hear such passion and candour.

Absolutely!, have you read his autobiography? Amazingly in depth first hand account of the bombing of London during the last war. Particularly so as he was only born in late 1941!

But as you say, a really likeable bloke and an excellent public speaker.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Other errors include the Fulham game in 1972/73 (which Albion lost 5-1, not 3-1). Fred Binney was not an Albion player then...
Plus.... Binney was sold to St Louis Stars,... we bought him from Exeter.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

More or less yeah, I know enough to get by about that period so it was brilliant to hear it first-hand from a true Albion legend and he delivered his story in such a way that I think anyone interested in football would be entertained, some great anecdotes and moments of real pathos.

Good to hear, SNPDs are the backbone of the community :thumbsup:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
More or less yeah, I know enough to get by about that period so it was brilliant to hear it first-hand from a true Albion legend and he delivered his story in such a way that I think anyone interested in football would be entertained, some great anecdotes and moments of real pathos.

Good to hear, SNPDs are the backbone of the community :thumbsup:

Cheers for that :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As mentioned by one or two already, it's a must listen for those of us of a certain age. Absolutely brought it all back to life, a bit like listening to Wardy. How I wish that we had that team again. I am not sure as I am a lot older now obviously, but back in the late seventies, we knew we would win most matches and that promotion was inevitable. I think that we will get to the premier league sooner or later but it doesn't feel like such a foregone conclusion as it did then. There was something so exciting and positive about our style that we lack these days.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Really enjoyed that. Could listen to Mullers for hours. I had the pleasure of a chat with him once in a pub and he was brilliant company, full of great stories. So pleased he's back in the fold.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I love Mullers. But amazing how many factual inaccuracies there are in his account. Nevertheless, wonderful to hear such passion and candour.

Other errors include the Fulham game in 1972/73 (which Albion lost 5-1, not 3-1). Fred Binney was not an Albion player then...

Just hope you can all remember every fact from your life over 40 years ago when you are 72. Give one of our legends some slack for Christ's sake!!

Many thanks for posting You Tube link.

Sure we lost 4-1 at Leicester, not 5-1. Crap day that was ... got chased after the game, ended up lost and missed the coach back.

Yes, it was 4-1. Weller hat-trick, wasn't it?

Nothing like a bit of inaccuracies :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here