Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Hansen..

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
the wife has been on about that too. i was too busy explaining to her that as a scot he should be banned from all england matches.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Gash on his forehead - isn't that the scar that he's had for years?

Agree about him looking rough though - the unshaven look seems like he's trying to look young & trendy

Ah! London Road is a trendy place after all.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
And Germany should be banned from beating us.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He looked f***ing gorgeous, and delivered his incisive and considered views in an honest, straightforward and forthright manner which has become a HALLMARK of his punditry prowess. If anything, the split lip and stubble only ADDED to his imposing gravitas. The rest of the studio were naturally drawn to this, abeit in a non-sexual way, but you could still sense the AWE in which this man is held.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He looked like a tramp.

I assumed it was some kind of attempt to be trendy by Hansen.

Only thing is, if you're going to do that, Alan, you might want to lose the side parting....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I can only speak from my own personal point of view. I was physically trembling in his presence, and when the BBC's coverage ended, I was left with a deep, empty void within my soul that could only be filled by a lime flavoured Callippo and a packet of pistachios. Even now, I see an entity of his image burned brightly within my subconcious, like staring at a 40w lightbulb and then closing my eyes.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry, can someone explain how they burn their lips on a lit candle.

Is he a free mason or something ?

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Merely a sideshow to Ian Wright's shocking expose of Michael Owen's even shocking-er racism. :ohmy:

Oh, and I'd pettily appreciate if if Motson and Lawrenson would cease their habit of spouting perfectly obvious facts... then adding their sentences needlessly, disingenuously inquisitively/doubtfully: "... isn't he?"/"... didn't they?"/"... I do seem to recall?"/"... I think I'm right in saying?" And so, interminably, on.

Please, BBC, confine this commentary to the brave new interactive era - "For those viewers with pre-school children, wanting to introduce them to football while watching in an entirely different room... press the red button NOW."

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Looked like he had a cold sore to me, and so grew his beard to look scruffy....Didn't see anything on his forehead other than his old scar?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He did it blowing out a candle - a bit of hot wax spat up and stuck on his lip.

Whats the racist Owen story? I missed that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here