East Wales
....and this is what he looks like.

green_pub1.jpg

Too ugly for the telly?

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
What really annoys me with him is when is presents 606 and a fan of a club from outside the Prem phones in... You can tell by the way he speaks to them that he think's they're wasting his time and he can't wait to get them off the line.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Whereas Green has NEVER seen a competent referee, or met ANYONE whose views were as important as his own...

This, especially annoying when he's commentating on a match later in the day and feels duty bound to give the listeners his opinions on all the matches that took place earlier in the day.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
I found a solution to the Alan Green problem which has worked really well for me. I no longer listen to games he commentates on or to 606 when he is hosting. Simple but effective.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The trouble is, I think the Beeb actually encourage him - they think a bit of "controversy" is good radio. Might be OK for Talk Sport, but I actually want some intelligence in my commentators, not some whining, self-opinionated clap trap which ALWAYS ends up with the ref being to blame for everything. I have to say I, too, have started to turn off when Green is on. Hopefully one day Radio 5 will get the message.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Bollocks to the people saying it's 'fashionable' to dilike Green. The man is a complete joke - the only people who could possibly like him are fans of the biggest clubs whose arse he licks all the time.

The worst thing about him is the total disdain he seems to hold for football in general (and not in a charming way). He spends half the time ridiculing Premiership fixtures unless they happen to include or have included a top 6 side. He also pretty much professes to have zero interest of football outside of the top division. He comes out with shit like "I do have a life you know" when people ask him if he's seen any of a Championship side - bollocks, it's your f***ing job you twat. Most people work 40 hour weeks and you can't even be bothered to catch up with a bit of football in your time off the airwaves - you're supposed to like the f***ing game!

The worst was when England had that friendly against Brazil in the UAE. He was on the radio going "think you're going to get me over there for an England friendly - no chance!" etc. IT IS YOUR f***ing JOB. You will go where you're told. If you were half as interested in football as you are in massaging your own self importance you would feel honoured to be paid to sent to matches wherever they may be.

PRICK

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Bollocks to the people saying it's 'fashionable' to dilike Green. The man is a complete joke - the only people who could possibly like him are fans of the biggest clubs whose arse he licks all the time.

The worst thing about him is the total disdain he seems to hold for football in general (and not in a charming way). He spends half the time ridiculing Premiership fixtures unless they happen to include or have included a top 6 side. He also pretty much professes to have zero interest of football outside of the top division. He comes out with shit like "I do have a life you know" when people ask him if he's seen any of a Championship side - bollocks, it's your f***ing job you twat. Most people work 40 hour weeks and you can't even be bothered to catch up with a bit of football in your time off the airwaves - you're supposed to like the f***ing game!

The worst was when England had that friendly against Brazil in the UAE. He was on the radio going "think you're going to get me over there for an England friendly - no chance!" etc. IT IS YOUR f***ing JOB. You will go where you're told. If you were half as interested in football as you are in massaging your own self importance you would feel honoured to be paid to sent to matches wherever they may be.

PRICK

BEAUTIFULLY put

:clap2: :clap2:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

PRICK

Spot on :thumbsup:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is a twat. If he stuck to commentary (which he is excellent at) I would have no problem with him but he always feels the need to air his own crap opinions on the game. Surely that job is for whoever his 'expert' co-commentator is.

As for him on 606, it's disgraceful he s allowed to show his disdain for lower league football on a BBC station. The one thing I will say in his defence (which is not saying a lot) is that he is better than that complete arse Spooney

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
He is a twat. If he stuck to commentary (which he is excellent at) I would have no problem with him but he always feels the need to air his own crap opinions on the game. Surely that job is for whoever his 'expert' co-commentator is.

As for him on 606, it's disgraceful he s allowed to show his disdain for lower league football on a BBC station. The one thing I will say in his defence (which is not saying a lot) is that he is better than that complete arse Spooney

Spoony always strikes me as your average modern football idiot though. Doesn't really seem to know much about football unless it involves the top half of the Premiership, refers to all the players in matey terms (Stevie G etc.) and considers every point dropped by Man U or Chelsea as a club crisis. Alan Green's self importance and the self-assuredness with which he airs his il-founded and jaded views makes him another level of twattery.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

PRICK
Yes, yes indeed.

And yet this as well. He is indeed a great commentator, one of the best, but listening to his punditry makes you want to SMASH HIS FACE IN.

PRICK

This is the truth people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here