Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Brazil/Talksport

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's vile, can't stand him. Always pleased when he's too hungover to make the show and the fantastic Danny Kelly steps in.

Talk Sport really is marmite to me. I love Danny Kelly, H and J, and Colin Murray. I hate Brazil, Micky Quinn and Georgie Bingham, Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy and Stan Collymore.

And how Ray Parlour got a job in broadcasting I will never know.
Loads of posts I could quote but I'll go for this one. Only I'd add Adrian Durham onto the 'dislike' list.

Brazil is an arse. His line of questioning and the questions themselves are awful, he seemingly does no preparation for the show and thinks it's funny that he can pronounce names, places or teams.

Doesn't care about any other sport than football and even then it's limited to certain teams in the PL - with a token mention of his beloved Ipswich.

A dinosaur of radio broadcasting.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Talk of chauvinism and sexism seems to miss the point that Brazil is a bully plain & simple.
Has no place in broadcasting and one of the reasons I gave up on Talksport the best part of a decade ago

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Got to lob Darren Gough in there as someone it's hard to listen to - but he looks positively professorial when you compare him with the legend that was Ronnie Irani who graced the station's output a few years back. You could almost here radios being re-tuned as he opened his gob!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Over the last few months I've started listening to it more and more. I find it easy listening in the car on the way to work. I find too much music over the hour it takes to drive is annoying so chuck that on and half listen.

I really like Darren Gough on Drive and also the sports bar.

We're all different I guess!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The best part of the Alan Brazil breakfast show is when he doesn't turn up (regularly) and Danny Kelly takes over, that guy is brilliant. Colin Murray has been growing on me, he has some really good co presenters like Danny Murphy, Des Kelly, Perry Groves and Bob Mills, I love Bob Mills. Hawksbee and Jacobs is my favourite, I could listen to Paul Hawksbee all day, guy's a genius. And then there's Adrian Durham. I really can't quite get my head around him, every now and then he'll do a sincere report and I think, he's actually alright, and then he'll start being a dickhead and I'll switch off.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Hawksbee and Jacobs is my favourite, I could listen to Paul Hawksbee all day, guy's a genius. And then there's Adrian Durham. I really can't quite get my head around him, every now and then he'll do a sincere report and I think, he's actually alright, and then he'll start being a dickhead and I'll switch off.

Would love to go to a game with PH (an Albion/Spurs one preferably).

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Talk of chauvinism and sexism seems to miss the point that Brazil is a bully plain & simple.
Has no place in broadcasting and one of the reasons I gave up on Talksport the best part of a decade ago

Indeed. He's always been incredibly rude to the moose, too.

I'm another that will listen to some shows and not others. The one that results in an instant re-tune is Jason Cundy. He's just a total bell-end who constantly defends the cheats and represents everything I hate about modern football.

I find myself listening more and more to Planet Rock on my drive to and from work now.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
An easy listen in the morning on the way to work makes TalkSport my choice. Not so keen on Brazil as I used to be tough.. He talks over the papers review so much, I'm convinced he's not actually listening to them. Rather him than Danny Kelly though as I don't think he actually knows anything about football at all. And his balls haven't dropped yet either.

Moose largely annoys me.. It's his desperate need to get a West Ham story into every news bulletin that's winds me up. He genuinely believes that ALL the players are his mates. They're not.

Never get to listen to Colin Murray, so can't comment.
H&J is the best show, but Andy Jacobs is well past his sell by date. Useless useless useless presenter waaaay out of his depth. Hawksbee could do it on his own.

Adrian Durham I'm a bit bi polar with. Sometimes he's very good, but others he's just a ****.
The bellend blocked me on Twitter for agreeing with him!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Gave up listening years ago. Mike Parry was like an even unfunnier Ernest and became a parody of a parody. H&J just got stale for me and Andy Jacobs just does my nut in. And the fact Adrian Durham plays a shouty host on Rovers tells you all you need to know about him. Bit like Big Brother/X Factor. Say something stupid to get a response/people phoning in. Surprised they don't have people who have been on a "journey"

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The best part of the Alan Brazil breakfast show is when he doesn't turn up (regularly) and Danny Kelly takes over, that guy is brilliant. Colin Murray has been growing on me, he has some really good co presenters like Danny Murphy, Des Kelly, Perry Groves and Bob Mills, I love Bob Mills. Hawksbee and Jacobs is my favourite, I could listen to Paul Hawksbee all day, guy's a genius. And then there's Adrian Durham. I really can't quite get my head around him, every now and then he'll do a sincere report and I think, he's actually alright, and then he'll start being a dickhead and I'll switch off.

Spot on DFP, it's like I wrote this myself!! :lolol:

Bob Mills makes me chuckle even when he's being serious :lolol:

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Indeed. He's always been incredibly rude to the moose, too.

I'm another that will listen to some shows and not others. The one that results in an instant re-tune is Jason Cundy. He's just a total bell-end who constantly defends the cheats and represents everything I hate about modern football.

I find myself listening more and more to Planet Rock on my drive to and from work now.

I thought only dogs could hear Cundy as he speaks with such a high pitched whine.

Total bell end he is

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I used have a fairly long car journey to work each day so Talksport was always my main choice for the journey for a few years. Brazil was fine as long as you don't take him too seriously, he's hardly the intelligentsia. I listened mainly because they had lots of good guests on.

I stopped listening regularly when they gave too much airtime to awful presenters such as Ray Parlour and Tony Cascarino, it definitely went downhill. It all became a bit 'jobs for the boys'. Robyn Schönhofer is good through. Knowledgable, intelligent and of course, an Albion fan!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
AB is no stranger to controversy. I quite like some of the station's coverage but too often it occupies the 'angry sexist bloke' space and this incident seems symptomatic. Storm in a tea-cup maybe but this sort of thing doesn't play well.
Any views of Brazil specifically or Talksport in general?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entert...il-hits-back-over-8318716#fIRI8vfkiQ52UYzY.97

Its Alans show and he does from time to time have a go at other members of the station for example The Moose and Mike Parry and it is not rare that other guests back him up, management should caution him.
I believe Alan should cut back on his liquid intake as he is already well overweight and must have a health risk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here