Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Akpom's stinking attitude

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
I never really thought of Akpom as having a bad attitude, just a bit rubbish.

If you're talking about Albion strikers with bad attitudes, I raise you Leon ******* Best.

Never booed an Albion player being substituted before, but I made an exception for that useless turd.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting that 'attitude problem' gets used with black players quite a lot

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For every black player you could name with a bad attitude I could name you 2 white players with a bad attitude. Sorry if this does not help with your agenda.

No agenda. I'm just saying it is interesting that Akpom and Best are mentioned as bad attitudes, but Billy Paynter is not.

I'm sure you could, but I'm talking about how 'bad attitude' is actually used on this forum. It'd be interested to parse the whole forum since day 1 and look at how it is used.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What a load of s**t.

Prove me wrong... find some historic examples on this forum. I could be wrong, just an observation... but based on page 1 of a search 'bad attitude' is used against these players

Danny Rose
Daniel Sturridge
Florian Andone
Jordan Lukaku
Knockaert
Solanke

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Prove me wrong... find some historic examples on this forum. I could be wrong, just an observation... but based on page 1 of a search 'bad attitude' is used against these players

Danny Rose
Daniel Sturridge
Florian Andone
Jordan Lukaku
Knockaert
Solanke

Plenty of people get attitude problems when they go from middle class to ultra rich teenage stars. Even more develop attitude problems when they go from piss poor to ultra rich teenage stars. More black people live in poverty. Its just far more complex than just saying "if you mention more black than white players having attitude issues, you are racist".

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
No agenda. I'm just saying it is interesting that Akpom and Best are mentioned as bad attitudes, but Billy Paynter is not.

I'm sure you could, but I'm talking about how 'bad attitude' is actually used on this forum. It'd be interested to parse the whole forum since day 1 and look at how it is used.

Don’t recall Billy Paynter having a bad attitude as such
Just an inability to hit the target for us Although I’m certain he scored a few elsewhere
Just looked 478 appearances 116 goals

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don’t recall Billy Paynter having a bad attitude as such
Just an inability to hit the target for us Although I’m certain he scored a few elsewhere
Just looked 478 appearances 116 goals

As you say, it didn't work out for him at the Albion, but that wasn't down to a bad attitude, prolific elsewhere though, including a very successful spell as a double act with Charlie Austin, when Swindon were riding high, and a certain Gordon Greer was starring in their defence.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
How the hell did he end up at Ajax?

I'm gobsmacked! I appreciate he did OK at Boro in the championship but how is that a route to Ajax?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
How the hell did he end up at Ajax?

I'm gobsmacked! I appreciate he did OK at Boro in the championship but how is that a route to Ajax?
"Did OK"...? He scored 28 goals (4 pens) in the league, winning the Championship golden boot by a mile.

The Championship ELO ranking is on a par with the Eredivisie...

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
"Did OK"...? He scored 28 goals (4 pens) in the league, winning the Championship golden boot by a mile.

The Championship ELO ranking is on a par with the Eredivisie...
Well, I gues that is better than OK. But my gob is still firmly smacked

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My memory of Chuba is of the funniest attempt at an overhead kick I've seen. It basically went straight up, vertically, and quite a long way. It was right in front of the North Stand.

If anyone has video evidence of this I would be delighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here