Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Akinfenwa confronts fans over "sex offender" chant

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
How so?

Surely the line is different for different people? This thread is a fair example of that. You have your line and those you referred to as 'precious' have theirs?

That’s fine I will live with that. If people want to get upset or offended on behalf of Akinfenwa or situations like it then I will label them precious in my view.

The line for me is anything that can’t be helped. Skin colour, heritage, sexual orientation, disability etc. I will add references to tragedies, sick fans or deaths. If that makes me precious in the eyes of someone who finds these things acceptable then I can live with that too.

The difference is Akinfenwa isn’t a sex offender, and no one really thinks he is. His name went with the song and MK (correctly) thought he might bite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That’s fine I will live with that. If people want to get upset or offended on behalf of Akinfenwa or situations like it then I will label them precious in my view.

The line for me is anything that can’t be helped. Skin colour, heritage, sexual orientation, disability etc. I will add references to tragedies, sick fans or deaths. If that makes me precious in the eyes of someone who finds these things acceptable then I can live with that too.

The difference is Akinfenwa isn’t a sex offender, and no one really thinks he is. His name went with the song and MK (correctly) thought he might bite.

So it’s perfectly acceptable in your world to call/goad an innocent person keeping themselves to themselves a sex-offender? I do question your upbringing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No-one has ever suggested that folk shouldn't go to a football match and loudly back their team. They did it back in the days. It wasn't until the 70s that all this crept in.

Of course, we did it as kids, but now we see a better way.

Which is why you're not going to stop today's kids doing it, just like you weren't stopped by adults in your youth.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Glass houses and all that but the Brighton fans at (Chelsea I think) were very heavy with the 'We know what you are' chant.

I mean Marcus Alonso did actually 'allegedly' kill someone though when driving a car. He was even convicted.

I don't think Akinfenwa has ever been convicted or arrested for anything?

Very different IMO.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For those that think it's 'bantz', isn't there some part of 'bantz' that's meant to be amusing?

Supplementary question if the answer's 'yes'. How much of a moron do you have to be to think wrongly labelling someone a sex offender is amusing?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Newcastle fans did it to Biss. Lost all respect for them from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The games gone at Football chanting. It's either singing about that we are in a library and fire drills - without a book or fire alarm in sight - or calling players nonces. Where's the wit gone? The absence of decent chants is an issue with the game as it'll be Rugby union before we know it unless we all pull our fingers out. I even saw somebody at a football ground with a Cotton traders top on so it has already started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here