Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
While not a scam, I booked an apartment for Marseille just under two weeks ago via booking.com

I got an email through yesterday (all in French) from the private host who said they've implememted a mandatory 15 euro cleaning fee, not included in the total cost of the reservation.

It's payable in cash to the person who comes to collect the keys on day of departure.

There was no mention of any additional cost at time of booking. Seems a bit wrong to throw this in now. Can't see how they can enforce any such payment
If you complain to booking.com support, you should get this back as a credit. I’ve had similar in the past

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
If you complain to booking.com support, you should get this back as a credit. I’ve had similar in the past
I haven't actually paid this additional service charge - it's payable in cash upon departure. Are you suggesting to pay it and then complain to get it back as credit?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If you click on a seat and proceed without a warning that the seat is no longer available then it's yours. Problem I've had is when others select same seats prior to proceeding to allocation/payment. It highlights in red that the seat is not available, very irritating!
Thanks HA.

Nicks

Thanks for that, does anyone have an updated version of this?
Screenshot_2023-10-01-12-25-57-94_50e47839d5b3b4cadfc5a5fcd0985b7d.jpg

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I haven't actually paid this additional service charge - it's payable in cash upon departure. Are you suggesting to pay it and then complain to get it back as credit?
Sounds a bit unethical. Presumably no one would actually agree to clean the place for 15 euro so it sounds more like a surcharge. I’d contact booking.com about it. I’d also ask for a receipt when/if you pay it which might flummox them. OTOH you might ask yourself if it’s worth making a fuss over a relatively small amount. You don’t want to have a row with them or they might make things difficult.

Maybe they’re worried about your username?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As I said before.... and i have this verified from 2 separate Ajax fans , no issues with buying from a 3rd party and no one will be checking to see if you're English....just the usual common sense don't go mental if/when we score!
I just PMed you, but, my partner in non-criminal activity just sent me this, which seems to be a bit of a bugger:

1696183690913.png

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Trying to sign up on the Ajax website, verified email but it won’t let me go any further - guess they’ve stopped UK email addresses joining the site.

I’ll be in Amsterdam with or without a ticket, I’m sure there will be a couple thousand of us without tickets who will all congregate somewhere
You were required to have a verified Ajax account before 1st September to buy tickets directly from Ajax.

I think if you buy from a third party re-sale agent you will need to download the Ajax App to receive the ticket in a similar way in which we transfer our unwanted home tickets to Albion+ members.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I just PMed you, but, my partner in non-criminal activity just sent me this, which seems to be a bit of a bugger:

View attachment 167390
I'm sure there's others on here that have the official Ajax app..... it will be like Ticketmaster nothing underhand about transferring a mate tickets. I don't see an issue. But seeing above maybe do a bit more digging and pm others on this site who have bought in the home end. Maybe it has tightened up. All I know Is that once you have the ticket it will be fine and no one will be doing additional checks in the home end at the ground

I do see an issue with the amount of Albion fans scalping on this site though. Seems very much not in the spirit of things

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm sure there's others on here that have the official Ajax app..... it will be like Ticketmaster nothing underhand about transferring a mate tickets. I don't see an issue. But seeing above maybe do a bit more digging and pm others on this site who have bought in the home end. Maybe it has tightened up. All I know Is that once you have the ticket it will be fine and no one will be doing additional checks in the home end at the ground

I do see an issue with the amount of Albion fans scalping on this site though. Seems very much not in the spirit of things

Club will be all over this now 👍

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Try being a non STH on 270 points. Is what it is though
They are member points though surely and not season ticket points.

My Dad does maybe 3 or 4 home games a year and never goes away (aside from the cup semi last year) has more "points" than me a season ticket holder who did 7 away games last season.

I've no idea what the difference is or why member points even exist as they never seem to be used for anything.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Showing as SOLD OUT.
I assume they turn the BUY button back on at 9?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Woo hoo. I got two for us. Transaction completed at 09:01.

It kept teasing with changing from a greyed out Buy to Sold Out and back again. No queue system was put in place, it just went to green as I was continually refreshing.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Very weird how that sold out that quick. I actually tried to hold a ticket on a tier 1 account as well as trying on a tier 2 account. The tier 1 tickets were bumped at 9, but then everything was sold within a minute. I dont see how everyone picked a seat in that time.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Very weird how that sold out that quick. I actually tried to hold a ticket on a tier 1 account as well as trying on a tier 2 account. The tier 1 tickets were bumped at 9, but then everything was sold within a minute. I dont see how everyone picked a seat in that time.

Thousands of people after a couple of hundred tickets. They went in less than a minute. Everything I clicked on was 'Not available' by the time it tried to put them in the basket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here