Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think for us tier2 people the random slot allocated in the queue is going to be key. If you’re not one of the first in the site at 9am then there’s no chance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Indeed, my working theory on this one is that this is a club very used to football tourists, indeed they seem to cater to them in a number of ways. The home address I've registered with Ajax is in Bristol, so if push comes to shove I'll claim to be a neutral just there to take in a game.
I reckon you'll be fine. Ajax, a big German game and a return to Barca are / were all on my to do list for football abroad. I'm absolutely stunned I'm getting to do it in the away end with Brighton. Our profile and reputation for good football is just high enough now that there'll be plenty of actual tourists there. Expecting a few Japanese in the home end for sure.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
552 left at 9.30
I knew that the middle block would be popular but was a little surprised that 415 seemed to be more popular than 417 being as it is further from the pitch.
The way it was explained to me is that 415 is usually a Home fan block and therefore doesn't have a Perspex screen in front of it. That's why we went for 415.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This is a view standing in row 9. I suspect its a bit dirtier now

1000010647.jpg

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
what did you find out about the perspex screen or more importantly the frame...
Nothing, but I'm easily side-tracked. No view photos for the away blcks, saw some from adjacent areas from gigs but not with the screen.

Gave up looking as I've bought in row 6 and can't change that now (unless I place my towell on a seat further up)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The way it was explained to me is that 415 is usually a Home fan block and therefore doesn't have a Perspex screen in front of it. That's why we went for 415.
Now I like that response, so will look no further. I'm in 415 too, but by chance/luck

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
There’s a great big button on the app called ‘share ticket’ which to me implies I’m free to send it on to somebody else at will which would imply they are less bothered about this than in the past?
Are you really tempted to hit that button, like on the train/tube?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I'm in T1 but my son's in T2. I was toying with the idea of waiting until Monday and getting 2 together, but thought better of it so I'm in. There's about 430 left.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Those worrying / complaining about the perspex screen...

No offence, but you'll get very little sympathy for that minor inconvenience, from the hundreds / thousands of us who will almost certainly miss out altogether. In fact, I might just ban anyone who even mentions it...

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

No offence, but you'll get very little sympathy for that minor inconvenience, from the hundreds / thousands of us who will almost certainly miss out altogether. In fact, I might just ban anyone who even mentions it...
Do it! ;)

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022

agreed. i'd happily take obstructed view just to feel the atmosphere

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Bugger - oh well. There for the atmosphere and Bozza said its sit where you like! Doesn't look that steep from the picture
It will be fine. The steeper seats are at the back of the stand. Understand its 70 steps from stair well to the back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here