Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Ajax Season Ticket Exchange

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Hi all,

First time posting here, but absolutely shocked to receive the resale refund confirmation email from the Ajax game to see a £20 admin fee included, meaning only a £5 refund.

I purchased the multi-game pack with every intention of attending all fixtures, however was rushed into emergency surgery on Wednesday due to illness so couldn’t attend on Thursday night.

Essentially this means the club gets to sell the ticket twice (to me, and then again once resold), with little to nothing back to the original purchaser.

Not sure if I missed any early comms from the club on this, but has left an incredibly sour taste. There must be others in the same boat, so apologies if I’ve missed any other posts.

Thanks
Hope the surgery went well and you are getting better.

D

Deleted member 46257

Those of us who bought three-pack got a seriously good deal - before the draw was made.

Looked even better once we knew our opponents.

Club perfectly entitled to sell (or even resell) one-off match tickets for full price.

There's no debate here, surely?

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3616509

"Three-match packs are sold on the basis of unknown opposition, date and kick-off times and can’t be changed, transferred or cancelled after purchase."
Interesting that it didn’t mention the ticket exchange in their quote.

I asked about this before purchase and they said “.. may open up a ticket exchange but not guaranteed”. That suggested to me that they would, subject to demand. Of course games were good and sold out, so the exchange opened - the size of the admin fee was somewhat unexpected though.

While the bundle was good value for fans, it was also a banker for the club if the ties had not been that good. Just feels a bit wrong to have taken such a huge whack from those that put money up front and unfortunately could not make a game that was an easy re-sell.

It is what it is but if I had clocked these post purchase ts & cs before listing on the exchange, I would have strongly considered giving to another deserving family who perhaps couldn’t afford such a fantastic night out.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
100 quid for 3 games was a great deal

due to work I can only make 1 game - and that I think in WSL is 48 quid

were we Chelsea or Fulham would be 100 per game in the cheap seats - as per US based owners am sure we are viewed as being "under monetised" in approach to making games affordable

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
100 quid for 3 games was a great deal

due to work I can only make 1 game - and that I think in WSL is 48 quid

were we Chelsea or Fulham would be 100 per game in the cheap seats - as per US based owners am sure we are viewed as being "under monetised" in approach to making games affordable
Actually, if you can’t make TWO GAMES I believe the cash return from the club for the second one (if it resells) is significantly more generous.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It is what it is but if I had clocked these post purchase ts & cs before listing on the exchange, I would have strongly considered giving to another deserving family who perhaps couldn’t afford such a fantastic night out.
Which is against the T&Cs (and, in fact, a criminal offence).

You sound very entitled. Nobody has lost out here.

D

Deleted member 46257

Interesting that it didn’t mention the ticket exchange in their quote.

I asked about this before purchase and they said “.. may open up a ticket exchange but not guaranteed”. That suggested to me that they would, subject to demand. Of course games were good and sold out, so the exchange opened - the size of the admin fee was somewhat unexpected though.

While the bundle was good value for fans, it was also a banker for the club if the ties had not been that good. Just feels a bit wrong to have taken such a huge whack from those that put money up front and unfortunately could not make a game that was an easy re-sell.

I
Which is against the T&Cs (and, in fact, a criminal offence).

You sound very entitled. Nobody has lost out here.

Not really sure on the entitled bit? Not made any comment about demands for a full refund. Just that the original terms didn’t highlight ether exchange would be an option or not and when it was added, an 80% “ admin” fee was thrown into the mix.

I also was just making a point that for the value coming back, it would have been nice to have given them away! I am aware that’s not permitted! 🙄

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not really sure on the entitled bit? Not made any comment about demands for a full refund. Just that the original terms didn’t highlight ether exchange would be an option or not and when it was added, an 80% “ admin” fee was thrown into the mix.

You've taken up a generous "buy two, get one free" offer (with no promises made on returns/refunds), then returned one of the items... and you're upset you didn't get a big enough refund!

I'd say that is pretty entitled. Try it at your supermarket of choice tomorrow!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I

I also was just making a point that for the value coming back, it would have been nice to have given them away! I am aware that’s not permitted! 🙄
The original terms didn’t envisage an exchange, but it was made v clear that if an exchange was able to be put in place (as it was at a later stage), the discount for buying ’three for two’ would be lost - the fact they’ve called it an ‘admin fee’ seems to have annoyed a lot of people but they did precisely what they said they would.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I bought the 3 match pack for £75 but knew I couldn’t make one of the 6 possible match days, September 21, which turned out to be a home game. However buying the pack did give me an early choice of tickets compared to buying the games individually, and a sizeable discount over 3 games.

I was prepared to write off the cost of the one game but when the exchange opened I put it on there and it sold and I got back £5, as the club communicated in advance. So I don’t think I can have any complaints at that, I still onLy paid £35 per game and had a good choice of seat, my ticket didn’t go to waste and the club made it clear how this was going to work via the exchange from the 3 match pack. Yes I know they resold it for full price, but then arguably they could have done that from the start anyway and not even offered the 3 match pack, so from my perspective I think it was all fair enough.
This. Those who bought the 3-match pack benefitted from a much better choice of tickets.

I knew I likely wouldn't be able to make 1/2 of the dates so I waited for individual sale, and by that point all the good North Stand seats were gone.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Hi all,

First time posting here, but absolutely shocked to receive the resale refund confirmation email from the Ajax game to see a £20 admin fee included, meaning only a £5 refund.

I purchased the multi-game pack with every intention of attending all fixtures, however was rushed into emergency surgery on Wednesday due to illness so couldn’t attend on Thursday night.

Essentially this means the club gets to sell the ticket twice (to me, and then again once resold), with little to nothing back to the original purchaser.

Not sure if I missed any early comms from the club on this, but has left an incredibly sour taste. There must be others in the same boat, so apologies if I’ve missed any other posts.

Thanks
Hope your surgery went well and your recovery. I find it strange that a whole 20 quid bothers you so much in comparison to that. Odd priorities imo.

D

Deleted member 46257

You've taken up a generous "buy two, get one free" offer (with no promises made on returns/refunds), then returned one of the items... and you're upset you didn't get a big enough refund!

🙄 I didn’t “buy a buy 2 get 1 free offer” I bought 3 tickets for a fixed price.

Well aware of the original terms.

Just caught me by surprise that when the ticket exchange came open and I put them up that there were different terms to normal and I seem to have missed them!

It’s not about the money. Just a shock to see an 80% admin fee which felt slightly underhand (from my perspective only).

Just making comment and consensus seems to be that the club has been fair. Thats fair enough I say.

Thanks for the patronising responses Wozza. See you on the Argus forums soon for more advice and guidance 😂

D

Deleted member 46257

The original terms didn’t envisage an exchange, but it was made v clear that if an exchange was able to be put in place (as it was at a later stage), the discount for buying ’three for two’ would be lost - the fact they’ve called it an ‘admin fee’ seems to have annoyed a lot of people but they did precisely what they said they would.
Think you are probably spot on. It’s the idea of couching it as an admin fee to anybody who missed the ts and c’s when the exchange opened

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Ticket Exchange​

We'll be launching a ticket exchange for season ticket holders and MyAlbion+ members who have bought three-match packs in due course.
Please note the cost of resale on this exchange will more than likely reverse the discount from the three-match pack.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

:lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
£20 being itemised as an admin fee makes it feel a bit of a piss take. If it was listed as reclaim of 3 match discount value, it would sit better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here