Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax - Amsterdam

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Literally cannot wait to be there even if we don't get tickets!!!! Buzz buzz buzzzzzz
I think they’re waiting for you at the window, so you won’t have to buzz to get in .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
On the back of this, don't feel that you have to book a hotel in the very centre of Amsterdam. You'll get way better value further out, and the public transport is easy, good and reliable. The metro is a bit limited but trams go everywhere and they all use the same rechargeable card that you can buy at any public transport stop.

If you want to rent a bike (which I'd recommend if you can) then it's even simpler.
I guess if you are only there a day or two you want to be able to walk to stuff without having to get public transport , hence the centrally located hotels are more expensive.

That’s the same everywhere I’ve been , it’s all about location location location.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
f*** site seeing! I’ll only be getting as far as Route 66 cafe!

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I guess if you are only there a day or two you want to be able to walk to stuff without having to get public transport , hence the centrally located hotels are more expensive.

That’s the same everywhere I’ve been , it’s all about location location location.
But that's the point that I'm making. If you want to save money but still have easy access to the centre, hotels a little further out are perfectly viable thanks to how accessible the city is. And the central hotels in Amsterdam are extortionate. Even for just a mini break of a couple of days I would recommend this.

Only a suggestion based on my own experience having lived there and visited several times before and since - people will have their own priorities for their trips.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
But that's the point that I'm making. If you want to save money but still have easy access to the centre, hotels a little further out are perfectly viable thanks to how accessible the city is. And the central hotels in Amsterdam are extortionate. Even for just a mini break of a couple of days I would recommend this.

Only a suggestion based on my own experience having lived there and visited several times before and since - people will have their own priorities for their trips.
Ok sorry I get your point now . Yes well made .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hotel prices are very low compared to a lot of cities. Only doing a quick trip so staying next to the ground for convenience (which might be counterproductive if we’ve got to go into the centre to collect tiks)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Utrecht is bloody lovely, cheaper hotels and lovely beer! Also dead Easy to get to. We preferred it to Amsterdam by far!
Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 16.22.58.png

It is a 6.45pm kick off which helps for getting back to accommodation after the match.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are on a cruise tomorrow around Northern Europe for a couple of weeks, and Thursday stop is Amsterdam.

I will do a recce…..luzzz some chairs in the main square and will of course be wearing my Albion shirt.

I will report back on their weak spots!

you ain’t seen me…right…
IMG_0152.jpeg

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Hotel prices are very low compared to a lot of cities. Only doing a quick trip so staying next to the ground for convenience (which might be counterproductive if we’ve got to go into the centre to collect tiks)
Cheap hotel prices in Amsterdam isn't my experience tbh. I take any point that low prices could be considered relative to different people. My daughter lives and works in Zaandam. Slightly better value over there or Haarlem when I've looked to visit. Compared to Berlin prices as an example, Amsterdam are way higher in general. Even with the former experiencing rises post Covid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheap hotel prices in Amsterdam isn't my experience tbh. I take any point that low prices could be considered relative to different people. My daughter lives and works in Zaandam. Slightly better value over there or Haarlem when I've looked to visit. Compared to Berlin prices as an example, Amsterdam are way higher in general. Even with the former experiencing rises post Covid.
About £120 for the Hilton by the stadium. Would be 3x that at Wembley........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here