[Football] Ajax 3rd kit tribute to Bob Marley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Anyone else of the opinion that SKINT was the absolute highpoint of Albion sponsors and shirts and message? It was just a PERFICK synchronicity. Everything after that just seems to fall a bit flat

Agreed, although honourable mentions to Pheonix Brewery and NOBO :eek:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In fairness I truly hate ALL reggae music. UB40 almost drove me to self harm, when they were big.

ALL? Would you class ska and rocksteady under that heading?

Everyone is different and I can understand why some people might not take to reggae, but I find it hard to imagine that anyone could dislike ska. It's not really a choice made by your ears or your head. It just seems to mainline through your heart to your feet. Play it to a toddler and just watch them go. I remember my eldest at about the age of three seeing Millie Small's 'My Boy Lollipop' on the TV and, with no prompting from anyone just dancing and dancing. I know someone else whose very little ones went through a phase of not agreeing to get in the car unless The Selector's 'On My Radio' was going to be part of the journey.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Went to see Bob at the Brighton Centre. Anyone else there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nor only there. Was there both nights and met him and Wailers on second night after our sound system crew were invited onto the coach. I used to say best day of my life, but repeated kicks from daughter curbed it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ALL? Would you class ska and rocksteady under that heading?

Everyone is different and I can understand why some people might not take to reggae, but I find it hard to imagine that anyone could dislike ska. It's not really a choice made by your ears or your head. It just seems to mainline through your heart to your feet. Play it to a toddler and just watch them go. I remember my eldest at about the age of three seeing Millie Small's 'My Boy Lollipop' on the TV and, with no prompting from anyone just dancing and dancing. I know someone else whose very little ones went through a phase of not agreeing to get in the car unless The Selector's 'On My Radio' was going to be part of the journey.

I'm a musical philistine, I'll openly admit it. I'm largely stuck in the 70s, 80s and 90s, so skar and rockingsteady (and any other number of genres) will have completely passed me by. I don't think there's been anything halfway decent since Oasis.

I'm a grandad, you see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Yes, I was there and I didn’t think it was as good as I thought it would be, lacklustre is what I’d call it, but I believe he was already ill? Just didn’t seem that up for it to me, possibly understandably

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm a musical philistine, I'll openly admit it. I'm largely stuck in the 70s, 80s and 90s, so skar and rockingsteady (and any other number of genres) will have completely passed me by. I don't think there's been anything halfway decent since Oasis.

I'm a grandad, you see.

:laugh: Nope. I'm not biting.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In fairness I truly hate ALL reggae music.

For so long I've had you in the "Decent Bloke" pile without a single need to reconsider. But this? THIS? THIS?

You'll be telling me next you prefer a Maccys and Stella to an Organic Longhorn Burger on Artisan Brioche, washed down with a can of Devils Armpit Cloudy IPA :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For so long I've had you in the "Decent Bloke" pile without a single need to reconsider. But this? THIS? THIS?

You'll be telling me next you prefer a Maccys and Stella to an Organic Longhorn Burger on Artisan Brioche, washed down with a can of Devils Armpit Cloudy IPA :shrug:

Well, I did have a chicken filletburger washed down with several Amstels in a GREENE KING on Wednesday evening, whilst watching my acca gradually slide down the shitter. Side order of greasy onion rings too.

I know I've let myself down. But the older I get, the less I seem to care. Most liberating :)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

I'm a grandad, you see.

Have you heard the Slaves yet? Shame on you.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I can understand certain reggae styles not appealing to everybody. I hate what I call student dub which I found boring. The Studio One label turned me from quite liking reggae to loving reggae

A lot of soul tunes that I loved was covered by that label. Such as...
https://youtu.be/P4sYli4SKEY

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I always had him down as a wrong 'un, but even I'm impressed at how long he has kept it in check :wink:

*edit* And I saw him at the Brighton Center (Bob Marley, not Easy) and the line up at Summer of 80 Garden Party would have been right down my street, support from AWB, Joe Jackson and Q-tips, all great live acts :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Yes…wasn’t his and Bing Crosby’s last ever concerts at Brighton Center…( and possibly Garry Glitter)

But yes, Marley was just awesome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports