Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Agreeing with Simon Jordan 😬

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
A stopped clock is right twice a day and expect this is one of those times with him. Idiot most of the time but agree, occasionally will hear something and agree with him and have to check myself! There are a lot of dreadful pundits (and some really good ones) and he’s not the worst despite the palarse links.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
well he called it war in his statement about selling, which is going against Russian line, probably as far as he can go with out having his business nationalised.

Hardly call that demonstrably objecting to the war. Hardly think he needs to worry about money. If he opposed the war, he'd have access to his overseas accounts.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Simon is never dull, although he is known to call a DULLARD regularly. Think I managed about 20 seconds of talk in this conversation at the weekend.

4787DBDE-1DD6-42C0-9D52-75790FF18A73.jpeg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One of Simon’s TS colleagues seems to have failed to capture the mood of the country :facepalm:

He wrote (a tweet last night): "Racism was outlawed in England in the 60s & it's been allowed to thrive so why should black & brown mourn!"

Perhaps Trev there are moments to keep ya gob shut

Simons reply ‘’Trev, I’m really not sure that is an appropriate thought , let alone tweet.’’

"The country has lost a very significant person and respect and value should be the overriding sentiments not division!"

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
“wants” to do it that way.

They’d jump at it, but Parish and the other shareholders can’t, whilst I suspect the yank smelt a turd a few seasons back.

Bizarre thing for Jordan to say - surely ALL clubs would want to do it that way ?

What other ways are there ?

Foreign owners ?
Archer and Stanley type owners ?
Clueless local businessmen who aren’t fans of the club ?

Anymore?

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Bizarre thing for Jordan to say - surely ALL clubs would want to do it that way ?

What other ways are there ?

Foreign owners ?
Archer and Stanley type owners ?
Clueless local businessmen who aren’t fans of the club ?

Anymore?
What other ways are there? Let us first start with a banner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_221646_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_221646_Samsung Internet.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 20

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

All with a punch of salt :tosser:

Yeah, not everybody wants to do it that way. Some prefer to take their club into administration. Again.

As El Pres has said, a chunk of that is on the ground and training ground, and getting us to the PL (and we were lower spenders than most competing in the Championship), from a starting point of having no ground and a weak squad. And if you look at our spending in the PL, it's modest compared to most.

He's just a jealous failed owner.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, not everybody wants to do it that way. Some prefer to take their club into administration. Again.

As El Pres has said, a chunk of that is on the ground and training ground, and getting us to the PL (and we were lower spenders than most competing in the Championship), from a starting point of having no ground and a weak squad. And if you look at our spending in the PL, it's modest compared to most.

He's just a jealous failed owner.

£216m of it on infrastructure.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Not everyone wants to do it that way because the vast majority are not true supporters of the clubs they’ve bought. Bloom is a true Albion supporter and if any of has had his money we’d also have spent £400m on the club (some of you would have spent more!).

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
he often seems to talk a lot of sense and has in the past been complimentary about us. Palace are in his blood though regardless of how much he messed.it up through letting his heart rule his head. our time to gloat on this is a while away yet when palace are in league one and we are still riding high

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I quite like Jordan but I think these comments come from a degree of bitterness over his tenure at Palace, he lost something like 50 million quid after a takeover that happened 25 years ago. His legacy was liquidation, Palace were very fortunate their fate wasn't relegation and lower league oblivion.

I think its right that pundits offer some balance to the brighton success story, we've spend bucketloads but much of blooms investment has been in infrastructure, its been the springboard to our recent success but its also a long term legacy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here