Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agree or Disagree with me?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am edging towards conceding to relegation, call me optimistic, call me stupid, but I won't give up until it is mathematically impossible.

Calling for McGhee's head is wrong. This guy has worked tirelessly for our cause and it is a credit to him that we are still in this league, albeit for a short time.

I was reading the paper the other day and noticed that we have exactly the same average attendance, as Crewe. 6,971! Automatically, apart from Crewe, most teams are getting at least double our gate receipts to start off with!! We then have to rent our stadium and have been spunking money left, right and centre on the public inquiry/planning permission, as you well know! Continuing the comparison with Crewe, they too survive on their youth academy. The advantage they have, is that it has been up and running for much longer. The benefits of our academy, are beginning to show.

I am not just hiding behind the fact that we have little or no money to spend, relatively to other clubs, but you have to look at the facts.

We could have looked to push forward after surviving last season, but look at the key players we lost. Virgo - our top scorer and three players in one. Harding, a natural left back, whom we failed to replace.

Some people seem to be devoid of some realism. "We need a left back" "We should have signed Shipperley" "Why won't the club buy anyone?". It isn't as easy as championship manager. We got GNW at the 11th hour and had to pay a fee. The club has been working tirelessly to secure players that we need, why won't people believe that fact. You can't just kidnap a player!

We were the bookies favourite along with Crewe to go down, and they predicted that for a reason.

I am not saying that MM should be free of criticism. Every manager makes mistakes. We are trying to make the best team out of an inexperienced bunch, most of whom are still learning their trade.

Agree with me, or disagree with me. This is what I feel. MM is a good manager and you don't just lose that ability. The odds have been stacked against us for a long time now and that has caught up on us. We will be back.

Oh and we will get Falmer. :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Baby Burtz

Feb 27, 2006
Brighton
i could agree more!!

WELL SAID

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Kind of Agree, but McGhee doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team anymore, I think things need freshening WHEN we go down and yes swearing and arguing with supporters is COMPLETLEY unacceptable, the supporters touched a nerve and he lost it. He should resign. By the way I have nothing against DK and believe we will get falmer!

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Well Said, allthough i can't forgive McGhee for one thing:

Starting David Lee at Hillsborough 2years ago:nono:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
Kind of Agree, but McGhee doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team anymore, I think things need freshening WHEN we go down and yes swearing and arguing with supporters is COMPLETLEY unacceptable, the supporters touched a nerve and he lost it. He should resign. By the way I have nothing against DK and believe we will get falmer!

I would prefer McGhee to react to the verbal abuse he was getting, than turning away from it. Shows he still cares.

As for motivating the team? Most of the guys are playing more football that they have ever palyed before. There are going to be tired legs, and it is a well known fact that the stadium saga rumbling on, unsettles the players. Afterall it is their job.

McGhee spurred us on to beat Milwall last week and why would he just lose that ability. Something to do with a small squad and not having a Richard Chaplow in the middle, me thinks.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Couldnt agree more, MM is the first manager in a while to show any commitment. He could have walked at the end of last season after keeping us up against all odds and walked into any job in this divison but he stayed despite losing 3 or 4 top quality players. He is a good manager and I hope he is here to bring us back up next season.

Mark McGhee hes alright :thumbsup:

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
BarrelofFun said:
I would prefer McGhee to react to the verbal abuse he was getting, than turning away from it. Shows he still cares.

As for motivating the team? Most of the guys are playing more football that they have ever palyed before. There are going to be tired legs, and it is a well known fact that the stadium saga rumbling on, unsettles the players. Afterall it is their job.

McGhee spurred us on to beat Milwall last week and why would he just lose that ability. Something to do with a small squad and not having a Richard Chaplow in the middle, me thinks.

I see what you are saying but reacting to supporters in that illtempered way does him no favours does it? I know the players are young but tired legs is a shit excuse they get paid to play football and sat performance was pathetic. You may have something there about the stadium affect players though.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I agree. Not Magoos biggest fan but you can't deny his passion or the effort he puts into the job. We sold Currie, Cullip, Virgo and Harding for 2.85 Million and only had 750k (including the coke money) to replace the players. 250k went on CKR and I expect Magoo could recoup this 750k and profit if he was forced to sell. Henderson, Frutos, Carole, and CKR will surely attract interest.

Also you have to look at his record of blooding and developing youngsters as a positive for the club.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Actually I have come to the conclusion that MM will, maybe even should be given first tilt at trying to take us back up, he will need to get the very best of starts and deserves our backing.

Next season the playing field starts to level off, MM will only rebuild his standing with those fans he has lost if the results and the standard of play on the pitch improves.

We will be a big fish next season make no mistake, we have little debt compared to most, and are organised and disiplined on the financial side of things, we have some decent players who are more than capable in L1 and CKR will surely come of age in a division where he should be scoring 20+ in a season.

No excuses Mr McGhee, you have to prove to us what you are capable of.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
BarrelofFun said:
I am edging towards conceding to relegation, call me optimistic, call me stupid, but I won't give up until it is mathematically impossible.

Calling for McGhee's head is wrong. This guy has worked tirelessly for our cause and it is a credit to him that we are still in this league, albeit for a short time.

I was reading the paper the other day and noticed that we have exactly the same average attendance, as Crewe. 6,971! Automatically, apart from Crewe, most teams are getting at least double our gate receipts to start off with!! We then have to rent our stadium and have been spunking money left, right and centre on the public inquiry/planning permission, as you well know! Continuing the comparison with Crewe, they too survive on their youth academy. The advantage they have, is that it has been up and running for much longer. The benefits of our academy, are beginning to show.

I am not just hiding behind the fact that we have little or no money to spend, relatively to other clubs, but you have to look at the facts.

We could have looked to push forward after surviving last season, but look at the key players we lost. Virgo - our top scorer and three players in one. Harding, a natural left back, whom we failed to replace.

Some people seem to be devoid of some realism. "We need a left back" "We should have signed Shipperley" "Why won't the club buy anyone?". It isn't as easy as championship manager. We got GNW at the 11th hour and had to pay a fee. The club has been working tirelessly to secure players that we need, why won't people believe that fact. You can't just kidnap a player!

We were the bookies favourite along with Crewe to go down, and they predicted that for a reason.

I am not saying that MM should be free of criticism. Every manager makes mistakes. We are trying to make the best team out of an inexperienced bunch, most of whom are still learning their trade.

Agree with me, or disagree with me. This is what I feel. MM is a good manager and you don't just lose that ability. The odds have been stacked against us for a long time now and that has caught up on us. We will be back.

Oh and we will get Falmer. :clap: :clap:

top banana!;)

all this MM bashing is a f***ing joke and everyone needs to take a step back and look at the club they support - we dont have the f***ing funds, facilities, and talent to compete in this league. the fact that MM has fuckin stayed put under all the restrictions is a credit - fair enough the results arew shocking but at least he got us up here, and kept us up last season.

and i will never give in to relegation until the fat bitch sings!!:D

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Bof

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to summarise what a good proportion of Albion fans feel. I am surprised that none of the articulate and eloquent amongst us who enjoy the cynical jibe haven''t sought to come back on this one.

Well done mate!!

:albion:

Last edited:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Agree or Disagree with me?

Brighton till i die said:
top banana!;)

all this MM bashing is a f***ing joke and everyone needs to take a step back and look at the club they support - we dont have the f***ing funds, facilities, and talent to compete in this league. the fact that MM has fuckin stayed put under all the restrictions is a credit - fair enough the results arew shocking but at least he got us up here, and kept us up last season.

and i will never give in to relegation until the fat bitch sings!!:D

When are YOU gonna stop swearing!!!

:D

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Agree totally.

Sadly we seem to have an unusually high number of simplistic and stupid idiots who think we have a god-given right to win every game we ever play, and anything less than that is 100% the fault of the manager. No other factors are ever to be considered.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sadly I think at this rate there is more chance of MM leaving because of brainless idots who give him abuse despite the job he is doing (see pretty much all the posts above).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
BarrelofFun said:

I think Crewe might get out of it!

Good post though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here