Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Agency work?

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I’ve been working for Randstad for the past 6 weeks and I’m thinking about withholding my timesheets for 2/3 weeks and wondered if that’s seriously frowned upon or won’t be a big deal? Any advice will be welcomed

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Are you trying to fiddle the system? If so, yes it would be frowned upon....... massively

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So you mean you'd prefer to wait and have one payment covering several weeks work, rather than being paid every week?

I'd imagine you just need to discuss it with the agency. I certainly wouldn't just stop submitting timesheets and expect them to understand or agree to that without being consulted first.

Just pitch it as something that will be beneficial to them too, not just good for you. Ask if it might help them with cashflow during these difficult times if they paid you once a month (or whatever) rather than weekly. Make it sound like you're trying to help them a bit, not just yourself, and they might be more willing to consider it.

Good luck.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
So you mean you'd prefer to wait and have one payment covering several weeks work, rather than being paid every week?

I'd imagine you just need to discuss it with the agency. I certainly wouldn't just stop submitting timesheets and expect them to understand or agree to that without being consulted first.

Just pitch it as something that will be beneficial to them too, not just good for you. Ask if it might help them with cashflow during these difficult times if they paid you once a month (or whatever) rather than weekly. Make it sound like you're trying to help them a bit, not just yourself, and they might be more willing to consider it.

Good luck.
Ta I’ll email them next week see what they say

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’ve been working for Randstad for the past 6 weeks and I’m thinking about withholding my timesheets for 2/3 weeks and wondered if that’s seriously frowned upon or won’t be a big deal? Any advice will be welcomed

First rule of working through an agency: ALWAYS submit your timesheets at the earliest opportunity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here