Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After a few friendly's whats your feeling so far?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think we are in as good a shape as what we could be with the best manager chairman, squad and board we could have hoped for.

I feel like the child waiting for Christmas on the inside tbh because we are an unknown quantity and are yet to compare our standard with others, but am confident we are a decent unit with our additions. Normal seasons start with distant dreams of promotion to the Prem with a gut feeling that it won't be our seaon again. This season we will be living the dream so bring it on.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Optimistic. Definitely. The new signings (including our latest, loan signing) seem to be settling quickly, and well, and some good intelligent play.

We'll hopefully spring the odd surprise when we play the top teams, but I expect some thumpings too from them. As fans of other PL teams note, unless you are one of the top 6 or so teams, you can't compete - it's the rest of the league you are concentrating on. With the eye-watering figures being bandied about for certain signings (Mourinho has just expressed alarm at the spiralling prices of some players) we can't get too hung up about when we play against the teams who can afford such ridiculous prices for players.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I love the team spirit, I think the camaraderie may carry this team through this year, I know we have been impatient and frustrated at the pace of recruitment but it is sssential that anyone coming in does not upset the balance. Groß and Suttner come across as typical signings, hard working team orientated with a healthy dash of skill. I am pretty happy with the progress so far.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They are looking reasonably sharp. Suttner looks like he has a bit about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here