Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
those subs sorted us out. 2nd half was much more controlled after the first 10.

Never felt comfortable though and suspect Plucky may just stay up.

Caicedo was a bit OTT with all the writhing around in agony. Hope someone has a word about that

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wow, my brain rejects all notions of a 3rd language. When I try and remember my high school French all that comes out is Japanese.
He's 19 and only been with us 9 months. Obviously you must have become fluent in your second language in a fraction of that time. Maybe you could offer us up some insights as to how you did it?
At the start of the 2000s I was seconded to the Asia Pacific division of the company I worked for and, after a year in Sydney I then spent eight months in Tokyo and nearly three years in Taipei.

My Japanese, despite working with translators in a Japanese office and having lessons once a week, was still terrible at eight months and I can't really remember much now other than greetings, how to say my name, order some basic food and some beers. Even counting, thanks to the difference between saying the numbers one to ten, and counting ten things. I think I can get to juu on one and get stuck at yottsu on the other.

Then I learned Mandarin. After three years that was ok ish. Again kitchen and taxi Chinese to speak but I was understanding things at work at least.

Towards the end of our stay we took a trip back to Europe to see family and rounded it off with a back packing tour of Italy. This left my brain completely FANDANGOED. I thanked waitresses in Chinese in two separate restaurants and managed a "konbanwa" to a puzzled looking hotel receptionist. Food was ok given the number of Italian places I'd eaten at in England but when it came to money to pay for it my brain was adding it up in English but wanting to say it in French.

I'm incredibly impressed with anyone who can learn one additional language. More than one melts my brain. And knowing bits and pieces of four languages is a recipe for disaster.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think I should have said "let's" instead of "lets". You should you have said "apostrophes" instead of "apostrophe's"
I think it was put in for comedic effect...

(You've put an extra 'you' in that sentence, by the way ;))

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
Just watched the highlights, again, that break towards the end that ended with Mitoma passing it to March who laid it off to Welbeck who’s shot was saved was peak De Zerbi ball! Such a shame it didn’t go in as it would have been a wonderful goal. The one touch passing at the start was beautiful and great to see Ayari playing such a big part in it.

The joy this side gives me is relentless!

And both he and Julio getting on the pitch over Gilmour!

Gilmour must be gutted but the these kids must be mustard.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
3 left footed moments of greatness for the 1st goal.

1. Dunk’s slightly lofted pass so Estupinian to break the Muff line.

2. Mitoma’s cross.

3. Ferguson’s back heel.

3 right footed players?

kjgood

There is almost too much poistivity to comment on.. we are inredibly fortunate.. I haven't read every post, so no doubt will have missed some comments, but wanted to flag Ayari.. looks incredibly accomplished so quickly.. really excited to see him get a little more game time in the run-in..
Ayari on his two brief appearances looks a good signing, looked a little short on pace one time when chasing back but at least he was chasing back. He takes up good positions especially for a newbie in the team, and is clearly skillful. Hopefully we have found another goodun.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
And both he and Julio getting on the pitch over Gilmour!

Gilmour must be gutted but the these kids must be mustard.

I think Billys lack of appearance is a symptom of RDZ usually using subs to try and win a game or be more aggressive, whereas only real role for Billy is a CDM if Caceido or maye Gross coming off and we are wanting to protect a position (which doesn't feel like a tactic RDZ is going to use often)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ayari on his two brief appearances looks a good signing, looked a little short on pace one time when chasing back but at least he was chasing back. He takes up good positions especially for a newbie in the team, and is clearly skillful. Hopefully we have found another goodun.
Was that when Solanke looked like he was jogging and was still putting yards between him and Ayari?

The lack of pace is noticeable and a concern. Some nice touches though (ignoring his shot/cross into row Z).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think Billys lack of appearance is a symptom of RDZ usually using subs to try and win a game or be more aggressive, whereas only real role for Billy is a CDM if Caceido or maye Gross coming off and we are wanting to protect a position (which doesn't feel like a tactic RDZ is going to use often)
He certainly mentions Gilmour a lot in press conferences and interviews. Whether that's man-management or because he genuinely feels he offers something I don't know. Pretty sure he'll be involved in games over the coming weeks in order to keep people fresh/injury-free during a really busy couple of months! You never know, he might come off the bench and score the winner in the cup final :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was it just me or did Sanchez look totally disinterested at half time. A few half hearted stretches and a very slow amble off the pitch for start of 2nd half!

This, particularly compared to Enciso, Buonanotte, Ayari and Billy who were all buzzing around.

But those players were hopeful of coming on, whereas Sanchez was extremely unlikely to be needed.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Caicedo was a bit OTT with all the writhing around in agony. Hope someone has a word about that
English fans, sometimes I don't understand them. I had your game on a smaller screen when watching ours last night, and when Caicedo went down it was actually a hard watch that completely tore me from our own very important match, because you could actually hear the boy crying from the microphones, and he kept crying. That's why all the teammates went to him and the opponents didn't protest with the referee. He was legitimately in pain and he believed it to be a serious injury - which I thought as well, and I feared he would be out for important matches in this critical stretch of the season. That's why they brought out the stretcher. Apparently the medics managed to see that it wasn't so grim and reassure him enough that he calmed down and managed to hobble off, but he wasn't faking anything at any point.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
English fans, sometimes I don't understand them. I had your game on a smaller screen when watching ours last night, and when Caicedo went down it was actually a hard watch that completely tore me from our own very important match, because you could actually hear the boy crying from the microphones, and he kept crying. That's why all the teammates went to him and the opponents didn't protest with the referee. He was legitimately in pain and he believed it to be a serious injury - which I thought as well, and I feared he would be out for important matches in this critical stretch of the season. That's why they brought out the stretcher. Apparently the medics managed to see that it wasn't so grim and reassure him enough that he calmed down and managed to hobble off, but he wasn't faking anything at any point.
Looked a nasty one on his foot, delicate things your feet with all the tendons and bones in there. I imagine if @Napper stubs his toe he just politely smiles and walks on thinking 'that smarted a bit'.

@Stat Brother will tell you, we're bereft of anyone to start threads on at present for not being good enough, or subject to criticism. Some people are lost by it. Random comments and threads are bound to occur. Next could be Mitoma's socks being pulled to far over his knees, Steele's haircut, or even the Gaffer's trainers. Watch this space.

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
The fact that I didn’t even spell pedantry correctly is why we need pedants on here.

I was busy feeling satisfied that my English was ‘on point’ and yet I was wrong again!

Long live the pedants (and good English)!

I will try harder next time!!
What point is that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here