[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tonight, after a disastrous result, I am thinking of our history. Two names keep springing to my mind.

Mike Bailey and Sami Hyypia.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Just got back. Anybody else get caught coming back from the game with the A27 closed at Chichester. Summed the evening up really!!

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some NSC’ers watching on streams have said that we played very well, could and should’ve scores loads if it hadn't been for Gordon Banks in their goal, we should’ve won by a big score.

Were we exceptionally good?

Good football but the same issue since start of last season, lack of goals from midfielders and no clinical striker........

If we carry on like this we will create a new Hollywood Blockbuster starring Team BHAFC - Natural Born Losers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What about the trio of Ryan, Dunk and Webster? Didn’t sound secure, yet again.

If you fanny around with the ball at the back mistakes will happen, the trick is to be clear when to just (as Mick McCarthy stated) leather the ball, we need to learn very quickly.

Webster cops it badly and, in my view, very unfairly as he is a good player but needs mentoring better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you fanny around with the ball at the back mistakes will happen, the trick is to be clear when to just (as Mick McCarthy stated) leather the ball, we need to learn very quickly.

Webster cops it badly and, in my view, very unfairly as he is a good player but needs mentoring better.

I don’t personalise it and single Webster out. I think Dunk’s form has dipped alarmingly in many recent matches, miles off playing for England again .... bad positioning, allowing opponents to get goal side of him, desperate shirt tugging.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don’t personalise it and single Webster out. I think Dunk’s form has dipped alarmingly in many recent matches, miles off playing for England again .... bad positioning, allowing opponents to get goal side of him, desperate shirt tugging.

At one point tonight, even Ryan cocked up and after a few desperate slide balls in defence he past the ball straight to one of their midfielders in our half

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Right, I’ll ignore your unnecessarily snide comments, and I’ll assume that you haven’t watched the game, hence you’re still clinging to the hyperbolic Sky Sports screen grab. When you get a chance, watch the highlights, Ramsdale made mostly routine saves, one very acrobatic save that was more or less straight at him and Dunk hit a shot into his chest from about yard away.

My snide comments! ! That’s rich. I did watch the game thanks. So did the BBC. - MOTM - Ramsdale

The most notable saves - the one with one arm from Maupay in the first half just before they scored. Then you have the brave, point blank stop from Dunk, the other from Maupay and the fine one from Mooy. Contrast that with them. Theee shots on target and three goals (not sure what the second would count as)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Starting to wonder if we might benefit from going down. We can then have a clear out of Stephens, Bong, Montoya and Webster. Get Knocky back too.

There’s nothing to stop us having a clear out in the PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Dunk always looks better with Duffy alongside, they balance each other out, understand each other and form an actual partnership rather than two players standing near each other

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My snide comments! ! That’s rich. I did watch the game thanks. So did the BBC. - MOTM - Ramsdale

The most notable saves - the one with one arm from Maupay in the first half just before they scored. Then you have the brave, point blank stop from Dunk, the other from Maupay and the fine one from Mooy. Contrast that with them. Theee shots on target and three goals (not sure what the second would count as)

I don’t know if you’ve misinterpreted something I’ve typed, but I’ve not made any remarks towards yourself, but if you are somehow offended by something I’ve contributed then I apologise for the misunderstanding. I appreciate you’ve now added BBC’s MOTM but I’m still happy to trust my eyes. Mooy’s 20 yard effort was straight at him slightly above head height, Maupay’s long ranger was 2-3 yards to Ramsdale’s left, spectacularl but comfortable save, I’d also be disappointed to see us concede from a chance like Dunk had as it was bounced up and was a 50-50 ball, the first half save from Maupay was good though? The best save of the game was Ryan’s save from Francis’ bullet header. Clearly we disagree.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don’t know if you’ve misinterpreted something I’ve typed, but I’ve not made any remarks towards yourself, but if you are somehow offended by something I’ve contributed then I apologise for the misunderstanding. I appreciate you’ve now added BBC’s MOTM but I’m still happy to trust my eyes. Mooy’s 20 yard effort was straight at him slightly above head height, Maupay’s long ranger was 2-3 yards to Ramsdale’s left, spectacularl but comfortable save, I’d also be disappointed to see us concede from a chance like Dunk had as it was bounced up and was a 50-50 ball, the first half save from Maupay was good though? The best save of the game was Ryan’s save from Francis’ bullet header. Clearly we disagree.

For me, the best two saves were the point blank from Dunk and the Maupay one in the first half. Maybe I misinterpreted your “did you watch the game?” comments as that’s often a put down.

My perspective is he was by far the busiest keeper and yes, we should have tested him even more but he did a great job with everything we threw at him.

boik

Dunk always looks better with Duffy alongside, they balance each other out, understand each other and form an actual partnership rather than two players standing near each other

I think Webster has good potential, but at the moment I think Duffy might be the answer (even though he's always worried me with the ball at his feet). I think he would help Dunks positioning, help Montoya at right back and thus free Alzate to play in his best position. I think we also need to gives Yves drive in the middle an extended run. We look limp in the centre - no backbone.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We also forget that D&D have played together so many times they really understand each others game. That can be invaluable.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
For me, the best two saves were the point blank from Dunk and the Maupay one in the first half. Maybe I misinterpreted your “did you watch the game?” comments as that’s often a put down.

My perspective is he was by far the busiest keeper and yes, we should have tested him even more but he did a great job with everything we threw at him.

I see the miscommunication, my “did you watch the game” was meant as an honest question as the game wasn’t on tv and not everyone can get a stream.
I do agree that Ramsdale was the more busy of the two keepers but, in my opinion, he didn’t do anything especially out of this world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports