Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nah all good trigg. Would have e liked to see VG get longer than a minut or two tbh. Would have replaced JL with him earlier.
Yeah, but we gotta try and win, and I guess changing for someone he believes is a weaker player risks that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That was a top top result and very unexpected. BUZZING

Lets us have a home draw next against some gash side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leaving the Cup aside, we've gone away to a Prem side and won, and a decent side at that. Very encouraging.

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
Good day today. Born in Brighton. Lived in Bournemouth for 30 years. Watched in malaga pub. It was a nice day.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah, but we gotta try and win, and I guess changing for someone he believes is a weaker player risks that.

I hear ya, but not sure taking off JL who wasn’t exactly setting the game on fire, and replacing with VG would have necessarily made us an less of a force.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Second best thing today apart from the win: Looking at a team full of proven Premier League players and forgetting that this was mostly a reserve side.

I share your views except it wasn't mostly a reserve side. We don't have a reserve side and all those outfield players have played Prem this season, except VG.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I share your views except it wasn't mostly a reserve side. We don't have a reserve side and all those outfield players have played Prem this season, except VG.

and thats why we won, and in the end, won comfortably. Apart from Steele, all players who have played a lot this year, in positions and formations and pairings they are used to; in comparison with a Bournemouth side with two debutants, players out of position and neither of their two main strikers even in the squad.

It was just surprising that it took so long for them to take control of the game

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nah all good trigg. Would have e liked to see VG get longer than a minut or two tbh. Would have replaced JL with him earlier.

Yeh, so would I - either JL or Knocky would have been fine, and give the lad 10 - 15 minutes. Nice to see CH trusts our youngsters to play a part, though (!!!}

TBH, I couldn't see much point in our other two subs either, unless someone had a knock or a niggle.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
85f22d618761f7281517a2732b492b64.jpg

No more Mr Smug Guy!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hear ya, but not sure taking off JL who wasn’t exactly setting the game on fire, and replacing with VG would have necessarily made us an less of a force.
I dunno :shrug: I don't know how VG plays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here