Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth and Southampton

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I like managers with a plan B, we haven’t had one for a while :smile:

Whilst saying that I don’t actually LIKE Smug but he is possibly the best manager outside the top six

We've had at least one in the recent past that didn't even have a plan A!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've had at least one in the recent past that didn't even have a plan A!

Harsh. He had a plan A but it involved old fullbacks on the half way line being covered on the other teams breaks by a very slow midfield and slow centre backs. The preseason against Saints was enough for me to realise that this was a bloody stupid way to play football. I fully expected him to then move on to plan B, which didn’t happen. So he had a plan A but no plan B which seems to be a requirement in the DNA of Albion managers :smile:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Harsh. He had a plan A but it involved old fullbacks on the half way line being covered on the other teams breaks by a very slow midfield and slow centre backs.

This is a very unfair assessment of Samis' tactics.

(Joe Bennett wasn't old...)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Threads like this never end well. I don’t blame you for having a pop at the OP :lol:

To be fair, I did write it 14 months ago and have admitted to an irrational hatred of the clubs (and Smug) involved!

I didn't expect at the time that a season and a bit later that a final relegation place might come down to a fight between us and Stains!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You have to spend £100m’s like Everton and Leicester (the latter’s squad since their title has cost fortunes), to guarantee safety.

In my opinion, neither were ever real relegation candidates this season. Allardyce and Puel are nothing special .... they simply have enough bought in quality to brush bottom half teams aside.
Whilst I'd like to agree with you, Leicester's 3 best players cost relatively little and have been there quite a while. Schmeichel joined in 2011 from Leeds, Vardy in 2012 from Fleetwood Town, and Mahrez in 2014 from Le Harve.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Southampton Sacking Puel must be the biggest fail in recent PL history.

This comment isn't looking quite so obvious anymore is it? Leicester got smashed by Palace and their fans have had enough of him. So it turns out that maybe Southampton fans were right all along with their opinions of Puel and perhaps their problems are a little more far reaching than binning off Claude Puel who is proving himself to be rather ordinary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here