Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK team news

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We should start Mark O Mahony. I get that RDZ really likes players to know the system but surely a centre forwards job is more straight forward.

If we lose Ferguson or Joao Pedro we are in season over category.
Aside from the eligibility thing, surely the best approach is to go strong tonight and get that place in the Europa League after Xmas booked. Gives a bit of leeway then for the Marseille game. Finishing top would be ideal but the main thing is to still be in it. It’s pretty unlikely we’ll do well at Chelsea with all the injuries so I think RDZ will prioritise tonight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Aside from the eligibility thing, surely the best approach is to go strong tonight and get that place in the Europa League after Xmas booked. Gives a bit of leeway then for the Marseille game. Finishing top would be ideal but the main thing is to still be in it. It’s pretty unlikely we’ll do well at Chelsea with all the injuries so I think RDZ will prioritise tonight.
Finishing top should definitely be prioritised. It means we go straight into the round of 16, which isn't until early March, rather than having to play an additional 2 games in a home/away play-off with a 3rd placed Champions league team in mid Feb.

Jimmy Grimble

Finishing top should definitely be prioritised. It means we go straight into the round of 16, which isn't until early March, rather than having to play an additional 2 games in a home/away play-off with a 3rd placed Champions league team in mid Feb.
I accept I might be in a minority here, but if we don’t win tonight and Marseille do, I would go light against Marseille in the final game and accept finishing 3rd.

That way we go into a competition we would have a better chance of winning, rather than having to face one of the big guns dropping out of the CL.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And it means Sheff Utd away doesn't have to be a Sunday (until TV get involved)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So updated squad - thanks to @AZ Gull for the u21 nods.

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman, Igor, Dunk, Milner
Hinshelwood, Dahoud, Gilmour, Gross, Baleba
Mitoma, Adingra, Buonanotte, Lallana,
Pedro, Ferguson

U21s: Hinchy, Chouchane, Kavanagh, Jackson, Duffus
Is McGill on the bench too?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I accept I might be in a minority here, but if we don’t win tonight and Marseille do, I would go light against Marseille in the final game and accept finishing 3rd.

That way we go into a competition we would have a better chance of winning, rather than having to face one of the big guns dropping out of the CL.
Definitely in the minority, we are good enough for the Europa League proper don't sell us short

Jimmy Grimble

Definitely in the minority, we are good enough for the Europa League proper don't sell us short
I think it’s all the injuries bringing me down. We’ll see what the results are tonight then maybe run a poll on here for what people would prefer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here