[Albion] AEK home tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I reckon this could end up being the biggest crowd of Albion supporters outside of Wembley or Cardiff since Arsenal in 87.
Not sure about this line. IIRC the Arsenal attendance was about 26,000 but we gave Arsenal the East in its entirety. There was certainly less than 20,000 Albion there.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
I see tickets are available in W2I - do you have to be a 1901 club member to buy them?
I wouldn't have thought so. 1901 members have had their chance to buy tickets. If you are prepared to pay the additional costs you should be able to purchase.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do you know the majority of supporters have a working life?
Much of our fan-base cannot attend matches for a variety of different reasons like work, school, engaging with family/friends, financial issues, potential transport problems. and so on. That doesn't mean they aren't loyal, but they have other factors they must prioritise over Brighton & Hove Albion.
I'm sorry you're embarassed that I've had to care for my children instead of travelling to the AMEX, I should've seen that Crystal Palace match and sacrificed time with my two, young boys. Come on, seriously? :rolleyes:
Nail head, bringing up my daughter, putting her in pre and after school clubs so my wife could continue travelling to London, and I could work and afford to live, no doubt spending the only days I could with her Saturday and Sundays was more important as a family.
Now I am reaping the rewards, she plays football for the school, and two other teams, more importantly we have a bond and she comes to matches with me, now she is grown up I have myself a season ticket for the first time. All those years just going to the odd game here and there while she was growing up, like thousands of other supporters, does not mean we are bad fans, if anything we are good fans, because our children will grow up loving us and if we get it right, the Albion insuring they have generations of fans.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not sure about this line. IIRC the Arsenal attendance was about 26,000 but we gave Arsenal the East in its entirety. There was certainly less than 20,000 Albion there.
Yeah, you're probably right. The crowd felt huge and it's gone down in folklore, but those were the numbers, i just checked. So guess have to go back to when the South stand was a terrace for when we got crowds higher than today, early/mid 70s? Before my time I'm afraid.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Yeah, you're probably right. The crowd felt huge and it's gone down in folklore, but those were the numbers, i just checked. So guess have to go back to when the South stand was a terrace for when we got crowds higher than today, early/mid 70s? Before my time I'm afraid.
Probably Blackpool 1978. 34,000 can’t see them bringing more than a couple of hundred

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I reckon this could end up being the biggest crowd of Albion supporters outside of Wembley or Cardiff since Arsenal in 87.
I think we probably had 28,000+ for the Wigan promotion game. Wasn't an empty seat in the house and Wigan only took about 500. (30,000 the official attendance).

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
The largest number of Brighton fans at The Amex was for the game v Burnley on 19th Feb 2022. The attendance was recorded as 30781 with 896 Burnley fans so making it 29885 Brighton fans. The largest % of Brighton fans at The Amex was against Barnsley on Tuesday 3rd Dec 2013, a crowd of 25759 with only 181 Barnsley meant 99.3% of the crowd were us.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The largest number of Brighton fans at The Amex was for the game v Burnley on 19th Feb 2022. The attendance was recorded as 30781 with 896 Burnley fans so making it 29885 Brighton fans. The largest % of Brighton fans at The Amex was against Barnsley on Tuesday 3rd Dec 2013, a crowd of 25759 with only 181 Barnsley meant 99.3% of the crowd were us.
Is that tickets sold or people in the ground

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Think club might be getting concerned about the sales, there is now a massive banner header on the website advertising tickets for sale for this game.

As of Tuesday morning tickets are available for supporters with purchase history only.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Think club might be getting concerned about the sales, there is now a massive banner header on the website advertising tickets for sale for this game.

As of Tuesday morning tickets are available for supporters with purchase history only.
It’s a shame I can’t transfer mine to a friend with purchase history, wouldn’t even be asking £ for it. I can’t make AEK, the seat and beer sales will go empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports