[Albion] AEK home tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No fishing here, i was genuinely embarrassed with that particular game.
On the whole always felt our away support is solid - good, immense on occasion, but at home we let ourselves down.
Also genuinely surprised AEK at minimum isn’t sold out yet.
None of us really know what our crowds are for evening games, the true attendance is never reported. It may well be that Athens will end up being the biggest Albion crowd at an evening game in the all-seater era, because we know that all tickets are being sold to people who can actually go.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
None of us really know what our crowds are for evening games, the true attendance is never reported. It may well be that Athens will end up being the biggest Albion crowd at an evening game in the all-seater era, because we know that all tickets are being sold to people who can actually go.
That may not be the case - some people will have bought the 3 match package hoping that the first game would be Away, as they can’t get to it. That group of people unfortunately includes me. I’m not sure if the club will activate the Exchange for Europa League matches? If not, there could still be quite a few empty seats.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looks like Ajax a lot more popular, nowhere near as many left!

Can’t believe it’s not sold out yet. Then again I’ll never forgive our home support for such a pathetic turnout for palace at home in the cup a few years back, we really do have terrible home support.
To be honest, you come across as a clueless cock.

In the 12 years we've had the Amex, it's been almost completely sold out more seasons than not. And in those Championship seasons where that wasn't the case, we were averaging 25,500 - about 1,500 under capacity at the time and is partly explained by the away team not selling their full allocation.

We also had some very healthy cup crowds. Gillingham in round 2 of the league cup was 17k, Sunderland and Newcastle in the FAC too as well as sold out games against Arsenal and Liverpool

Yet there's you acting like a cock over ONE game against Palace. Low because it was round three, on telly and loads couldn't be arsed with the ball ache of it being them.

Give your head a wobble.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

In the 12 years we've had the Amex, it's been almost completely sold out more seasons than not. And in those Championship seasons where that wasn't the case, we were averaging 25,500 - about 1,500 under capacity at the time and is partly explained by the away team not selling their full allocation.

We also had some very healthy cup crowds. Gillingham in round 2 of the league cup was 17k, Sunderland and Newcastle in the FAC too as well as sold out games against Arsenal and Liverpool

Yet there's you acting like a cock over ONE game against Palace. Low because it was round three, on telly and loads couldn't be arsed with the ball ache of it being them.

Give your head a wobble.
Yep agree completely - and no trains either remember for that Palace game. Pathetic to focus on that one game to ridicule our home support

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It wasn't that long ago no one had a clue what attendance would be like until kick off . . . . . Now people get all frothy . . . . . The fact that ticket sales and actual attendance are 2 separate things makes it even funnier.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
That may not be the case - some people will have bought the 3 match package hoping that the first game would be Away, as they can’t get to it. That group of people unfortunately includes me. I’m not sure if the club will activate the Exchange for Europa League matches? If not, there could still be quite a few empty seats.

Me too!

The club has mentioned the possibility of opening the exchange - although they made a comment suggesting we wouldn't get much for the one match and that the overall cost for the 2 remaining games would equate to buying tickets for the other games individually. Or something like that.

I have no issue with that as I'd rather my seat wasn't empty. Was hoping I could transfer to my son - but don't think that's going to be an option either.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was shocked at how few were left for this given the smaller away allocation and it not being on general sale even yet. To sell out the Europa league games will be a big achievement especially as it will be almost like bums on seats and midweek…!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003

Give your head a wobble.
Yeah, the way he writes that is ridiculous, need never be embarrassed about our turnouts.

Having said that i was surprised at the low attendance for that Palace game, and a lot of people missed a really good game.

Still the only Amex victory I've seen since we got promoted :facepalm:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Embarrassed, why? The club did a special 3 match package at a bargain price. The take up was so popular that by the time individual Europa League home games were up for grabs there were only around 4,000 tickets left (for AEK). That means 25,000 Albion fans had already purchased tickets for all 3 Europa League games. Hardly embarrassing when you consider for UEFA fixtures the capacity is reduced and that you still have the away fans allocation to take into account.

Please explain how we let ourselves down at home? Our capacity is 31,800. The average gate for this season’s three home games has been around 31,600. I would say that’s very encouraging. :shrug:
The embarrassment related to my response regarding the palace cup game from a few years back.
Nothing embarrassing about AEK, Just surprised how slow the uptake has been for our first ever European encounter, and I’m not the only one.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

Give your head a wobble.
Well done

It’s not all numbers though. And I can refer to that game as it was against our main rivals in the FA Cup, they’ll always be excuses (trains, bother, TV) - and that’s why we let ourselves down at home.

Add to that empty seats galore, away fans in home ends, the general atmosphere (there’s multiple threads on here about those 2 points after every home game!) and the good olde early leaving brigade and it’s why our home support isn’t great.

Hopefully 3+ chances now to show a bit of what we can muster at home, the away ends will certainly be loud and lively.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well done

It’s not all numbers though. And I can refer to that game as it was against our main rivals in the FA Cup, they’ll always be excuses (trains, bother, TV) - and that’s why we let ourselves down at home.

Add to that empty seats galore, away fans in home ends, the general atmosphere (there’s multiple threads on here about those 2 points after every home game!) and the good olde early leaving brigade and it’s why our home support isn’t great.

Hopefully 3+ chances now to show a bit of what we can muster at home, the away ends will certainly be loud and lively.
Jesus man - why bother going if you're so embarrassed by our support? Away fans are always in the home ends - when we play in London there are loads of Albion in the home ends - but especially when it's big teams playing provincial teams. Empty seats galore very rarely but absolutely no different to other similar sized clubs. Leaving early perhaps more than average but we have quite an awkward set-up location wise being so reliant on trains etc. Not many walking to the ground compared to many other grounds. Palace cup game was a complete one off unique set of circumstances. Atmosphere - I don't know how often you travel but I can safely say the Amex atmosphere is nothing to be embarrassed about overall.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Looks like Ajax a lot more popular, nowhere near as many left!

Can’t believe it’s not sold out yet. Then again I’ll never forgive our home support for such a pathetic turnout for palace at home in the cup a few years back, we really do have terrible home support.
Most of the seats that have 'pairs +' are right by the away support. The away lot are an unknown quantity. I'm quite happy to sit nearer to Palace than what I am about the proximity of my seats to the away fans for the AEK game. Where's the Brighton equivalent to that West Ham fan going to be sitting (just in case)! :)
1st game I bought tickets for as a member was the Ajax one. Then bought tickets for the Athens one after (because I got a bit carried away by the excitement). 🤦‍♀️ The AEK tickets are in E1F & I'm thinking that's a bit shady!! I'm most unimpressed that my usual spots on west lower were taken for both games! :lolol:
Point I'm trying to make is that it's nothing to do with being 'pathetic supporters', some/most of us just want to go & enjoy a match and support our team without worrying that it's all going to kick off. I know 2 STH that go to most away matches that booked flights & accommodation to Athens and Amsterdam pretty much the moment it was announced. I wouldn't call them 'pathetic' because they're swerving Marseille away. I don't consider myself pathetic to not be really enthusiastic about seeing what tickets there were for Marseille at home over Athens either.
I like the childish rivalry with Palace, (I like the new one with Chelsea) it's fun & there isn't really any threat to life from them. It's in the main, annoying one way systems & smoke bombs. However let's not forget there was a time not that long ago that they completely overrun the security at our stadium, kicked their own supporters out of their seats and caused general mayhem. I'm a 'Nu skool' supporter that doesn't want 'proper' aggro, I just want to go & see our team play in the Europa League. I think all Europa league away supporters should be given a little video to watch before they can access their digital tickets to show how far we've come & that we're not a fanbase of entitled gobshites. :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Me too!

The club has mentioned the possibility of opening the exchange - although they made a comment suggesting we wouldn't get much for the one match and that the overall cost for the 2 remaining games would equate to buying tickets for the other games individually. Or something like that.

I have no issue with that as I'd rather my seat wasn't empty. Was hoping I could transfer to my son - but don't think that's going to be an option either.
And me. Bought the package knowing I was going to be away for the first game (but obviously didn’t know whether that would be home or away). If the exchange opens or sharing is allowed I’ll put it on/pass it on, otherwise it’ll be empty.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Well done

Yeah sure, we don't have the huge support of the bigger clubs and northern football towns, but it's growing all the time. I think that Palace attendance, as disappointing at it was at the time, was a blip, wouldn't be repeated now.

In the last 30 years we've gone from 15,000 on the crumbling Goldstone terraces, to a couple of thousand hardcore at Gillingham, to 5, 6, 7000 at Withdean, 21,000 when the Amex opened, to 28, then 30, 31000 today. The upcoming Athens game will have a small away support, negligible away supporters in the home seats and very few season ticket no shows. I reckon this could end up being the biggest crowd of Albion supporters outside of Wembley or Cardiff since Arsenal in 87.

Not sure it's the right time to be banging on about how embarrassed you are about our support.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Didn’t get the three match pack, as I wasn’t sure if I was going to be free for the dates at the time they went on sale. I was as it turned out, so I’ve managed to get tickets for the three matches separately at a total price of £119. Seemed pretty reasonable to me. Cannot bloody wait. See you all there.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I see tickets are available in W2I - do you have to be a 1901 club member to buy them?

el punal

Well done

You really are digging yourself into a hole here. You criticise the home support and yet it was loud and proud against Newcastle, as it was for many home games last season. If you ever go to Albion away games, I do by the way, you tend to find the opposition home crowd seem to be quieter. That’s the nature of the beast - away fans are always more vocal and enthusiastic.

I don’t know what your beef is about Albion fans at the Amex. You seem to come up with a variety of reasons that irritate the shit out of you of which you have elaborated on many times on this thread. The fact is that people go to watch football matches because they enjoy it - or they won’t go. Why are you so bothered that they have to leave early, or don’t jump up and down or any number of things that you don’t like? That’s their choice, their reason and absolutely nothing to do with you, me or anyone else.

I suggest that perhaps you go to watch another club when they play at home and let us know about empty seats, fans leaving early or any number of faults similar to those that you find at the Amex.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We will still be faced with the family stand conundrum. Those with young children or with a long journey, may decide that watching a 20:00 kick off on TV is the better option. These seats then become hard to sell, as you need to have kids in your party.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
No fishing here, i was genuinely embarrassed with that particular game.
On the whole always felt our away support is solid - good, immense on occasion, but at home we let ourselves down.
Also genuinely surprised AEK at minimum isn’t sold out yet.
Do you know the majority of supporters have a working life?
Much of our fan-base cannot attend matches for a variety of different reasons like work, school, engaging with family/friends, financial issues, potential transport problems. and so on. That doesn't mean they aren't loyal, but they have other factors they must prioritise over Brighton & Hove Albion.
I'm sorry you're embarassed that I've had to care for my children instead of travelling to the AMEX, I should've seen that Crystal Palace match and sacrificed time with my two young boys. Come on, seriously? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports