Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK home tickets

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Looks like Ajax a lot more popular, nowhere near as many left!

Can’t believe it’s not sold out yet. Then again I’ll never forgive our home support for such a pathetic turnout for palace at home in the cup a few years back, we really do have terrible home support.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Bought home tickets tonight for AEK and Marseilles games - both emails had add to Apple wallet option so now I have some snazzy Europa League branded tickets in my Apple Wallet.
Had the same when I went to Leverkusen last season

IMG_6810.png

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Can’t believe it’s not sold out yet. Then again I’ll never forgive our home support for such a pathetic turnout for palace at home in the cup a few years back, we really do have terrible home support.
To be fair tickets are only available to STH, 1901 and Albion+ members. We had 1,000's of new + members before the cup semi (how many would go to the Amex for an 8pm ko) last year and of course the Mitoma members (how many are still in this country?) and you cannot buy tickets unless you are a + member, its not open to previous history like most PL games are. I think we are at the point that there will not be a huge amount of sales after today

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No fishing here, i was genuinely embarrassed with that particular game.
On the whole always felt our away support is solid - good, immense on occasion, but at home we let ourselves down.
Also genuinely surprised AEK at minimum isn’t sold out yet.
Pretty hard for it to have been sold out before today given who could actually buy tickets. Only since this morning could people buy guest tickets. 100% lots of people will have been waiting so they could buy their tickets and guests together. Since 9am today over 1000 tickets sold. About 2000 to go. Given that the Ajax and Marseille games are also on sale at the same time, which are the glamour group ties, I think where we're at with Athens is pretty understandable. Also got to take into account that these teams get less allocation than a Prem away team so about 1500+ extra tickets to shift to home fans.

el punal

On the whole always felt our away support is solid - good, immense on occasion, but at home we let ourselves down.
Embarrassed, why? The club did a special 3 match package at a bargain price. The take up was so popular that by the time individual Europa League home games were up for grabs there were only around 4,000 tickets left (for AEK). That means 25,000 Albion fans had already purchased tickets for all 3 Europa League games. Hardly embarrassing when you consider for UEFA fixtures the capacity is reduced and that you still have the away fans allocation to take into account.

Please explain how we let ourselves down at home? Our capacity is 31,800. The average gate for this season’s three home games has been around 31,600. I would say that’s very encouraging. :shrug:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Wtf no we don't ffs

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Life is bloody expensive at the moment for many. Most PL games sell out well before the game itself. In the Championship we averaged some of the highest attendances for years (including the year we nearly went down). Generally we get good attendances in the cups. We travel very well.

The Palace game you mentioned there were a load of issues with trains etc and it was just after the whole debacle against them a couple of weeks earlier. There was an away game at Palace against us in the Championship where 17k attended not too long ago (Jan 2012) - no issues on trains or anything and a league game.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here