Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I've decided to create a separate thread for our future opponents AEK Athens, from Greece, if you want to discuss about the upcoming fixtures, travel information or anything else...

AEK Athens
Fixtures
21/09/23 - Brighton & Hove Albion vs AEK Athens (8:00pm BST) - OUR FIRST EUROPEAN MATCH
30/11/23 - AEK Athens vs Brighton & Hove Albion (5:45pm BST, 7:45pm Local)

Brief Description
AEK Athens, Greece, is a football club based in the suburban town of Nea Filadelfeia within Athens. They are one of the three most successful Greek teams, alongside Olympiacos and Panathinaikos, winning 32 national titles including last season's Super League. Also, they are the only Greek club to reach the semi-finals of this competition in the 1976-77 season where it was named the UEFA Cup.

Stadium
Agia Sophia Stadium or AEK Arena, which holds 32,500 spectators - away allocation should be 1,625 at minimum if it is 5%.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s cheaper than getting to Nrwcastle

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easyjet £552 return!
Not so sure getting tickets will be the problem..............
As long as you're flexible on which UK/London airport you fly from, it should be about £300 cheaper than that! Skyscanner is your friend here...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
HOTELS.
Where is everybody staying. Keeping her indoors happy with a holiday for 7 days, reckon I can miss Forest away but not Brighton B on the Sunday after.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
HOTELS.
Where is everybody staying. Keeping her indoors happy with a holiday for 7 days, reckon I can miss Forest away but not Brighton B on the Sunday after.
I can recommend the Apollo Hotel, clean basic and functional, very central for the touristy ruins in central Athens. Roof top restaurant with a view of Acropolis and nice food.
10 Achilleos Street Metaxourghio Square, Athens 104 36 Greece

We were staying there when we went top of the league in Sept 2010 going on to win the division under Gus. The wifi was good so we were listening to the commentary.

Edit, if you want to go more upmarket, stay in Glyfada, as the public transport in Athens is superb with trams,, trolley buses, underground and trains.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can recommend the Apollo Hotel, clean basic and functional, very central for the touristy ruins in central Athens. Roof top restaurant with a view of Acropolis and nice food.
10 Achilleos Street Metaxourghio Square, Athens 104 36 Greece

We were staying there when we went top of the league in Sept 2010 going on to win the division under Gus. The wifi was good so we were listening to the commentary.

Edit, if you want to go more upmarket, stay in Glyfada, as the public transport in Athens is superb with trams,, trolley buses, underground and trains.
Gus was briefly manager of AEK too . . . he doesn't seem to stay anywhere very long, l wonder why? lol.

Currently the boss of the Greek national side of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here