Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I'd get Baleba on for Ferguson at HT, personally. Possibly Dahoud for Gilmour as well.
Yep both of those please - I’d back Pedro as a lone over Fergie who is difficult second album syndrome at the moment

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Not very fluid, but AEK aren't much better. We are making them look good with some wayward passes and bad choices with hold up play. We'll be fine, but do I detect it's three at the back? young Jack seems to edge into midfield, then goes back....probably to give more bodies in the centre. Ma Da will get a chance as will Milner....plus Baleba and goodnight. Just a tweak or two

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’ve not been good but Jesus Christ I feel some of our fans expect too much every game now - last season spoilt us all just a tad. Keep the faith.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I have faith. The De Zerbi halftime team talk is the football equivalent of the A-Team being locked in a barn with nothing in it but a rusty mower.

They come out in an armoured car with a flamethrower, and so will we.
I pity the foo’…

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Ferguson has a great all round game, just need to look at his stats but he's wasted being made to play deep like Kane, at least Kane is able to play as striker when he's not tracking better. Ferguson is better playing up top, which is bit of a problem with Joao Pedro pretty much nailing that position down.

We need to find away to play Ferguson with Pedro, as his ceiling is huge.
Does he? I’m sorry I can’t agree. He doesn’t link the play very well and rarely retains possession. He needs to improve on this for him and JP to play together, so that he can come to feet and allow JP to run in behind

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Baleba to come on for his breakthrough performance. We have been so bad today that I am a bit shocked. Pedro when the flicks don’t come off looks like a competition winner!

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
The insistent passing into Pedro and him losing it everytime is so frustrating. Get it out wide. They are certainly well off the pace in that first half!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That was gash - tactically they absolutely had our number in that first half.

I’d bring Ferguson or Pedro off - doesn’t matter which, they’ve both been awful, but probably Ferguson because Pedro has more stamina to last the whole half. And put on Baleba and try and get ahold of this central midfield - they’re dominating Gilmour and Groß in there.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Such a shame Lallana is missing, was the perfect game for him in that pocket that Pedro keeps losing the ball

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
It hasn't clicked at all and AEK have been good. But they can't keep up this intensity all game. Really hopeful for a positive teamtalk.

Surprised Dahoud hasn't started but this season G and G have been better. They're not playing well but are outnumbered in there. Come on lads!

It's a shame that Baleba (imo) has been a liability in the recent games he's played (Chelsea, Sheff United) as his physicality could help. I don't trust him not to do something rash though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here