Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advise Please Chaps - Quick car sale

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
I am looking to get rid of my second car fairly quickly as I need the cash and I no longer drive it. Do you have any suggestions of good companys that will come and collect or good garages that will buy used cars around Sussex?

I have tried to sell privately a few times without success and am now just looking to get rid at a reasonable price. It is no longer insured to allow buyers to test drive etc.

Any suggestions you can give I would be very grateful. I have been warned away from webuyanycar for obvious reasons, but has anyone had any good experiences?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They are being investigated by the OFT for knocking down the price that they should be giving you by massive amounts.

OFT takes action against Webuyanycar.com - April - 2011 - Which? News

Interesting. If it helps, I had no such bad experience with them, got what I was quoted on the website and was advised that the next day payment charge was optional, etc. Perhaps the guy in Plymouth is just better than most.......

He did say, though, that the biggest reason why valuations are reduced is because people aren't honest about their car's condition. I had identified all the knocks and scratches, so there was nothing to be deducted.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What obvious reasons would they be?

they give poor valuations for older cars and turn up to collect and routinly knock the price down (got refered to OFT or someother recently for this). i put in my car, not expecting a great price, they offered less than the remaining value of the tax disc!

try ebay. im told you can happily sell a car for more/quicker than might be on autotrader and such.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Sold my old mans car at HH car auctions few years back [are they still going?] - quick sale and poor price but it was a tricky car to sell anyway so best pos outcome.
You'll need transport or temp insurance to get it there mind.

markw

Aug 28, 2009
Ebay is the best and easiest, you will get the most money this way. Webuyany car is just a bunch of crooks.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Only slightly off topic, what do webuyanycar do with the cars they buy ?
Don't see them advertising to sell them ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here