Advice on a night out in Brighton please

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
I would appreciate some advice from those who are a) younger than myself and b) know the Brighton scene better than I do,

My 19 year old nephew is planning to descend on Brighton with about 14 of his mates to celebrate his 19th Birthday. The questions are:
a) where would they have the best time?
b) where will they actually be allowed in - given that they will only have ID showing them as being 19 (and perhaps one or two as 18)? - I understand that a few places are 21 or 25 only.
c) where would they avoid trouble? this is my question not my nephews!
d) are there any rules in terms of dress that they need to adhere to?
e) what other advice can you give? they are not exactly country bumkins but as they are coming from Surrey they are not familiar with the Brighton 'scene'

Thanks for any helpful advice that you can provide.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Wear smart(ish) shoes and dont all que up together, large groups are rarley let in in the main areas, groups of 2-4 are much better!

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Thanks to those who have replied - much appreciated.
Anybody else got any advice to weigh in with?
I promised my nephew that the good folks of NSC would have lots of useful tips to help him plan his night out!!!!
Thanks

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
14 male mates trying to get in somewhere - good luck.

Will need to split into groups to get almost anywhere.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If I'm honest I would say they are going to struggle. Honeyclub may be their best bet if they call on advance and let them know they are coming.Very few clubs with take kindly to a group of men that large just turning up, it's always advantageous to have a few women in the party.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Groups dont work in Brighton anymore, have to split up

I also noticed that bouncers ask for post codes as well as ID's, as it means they dont let in the fright oiks from London village

Oceana is the biggest club and attraction in Brighton at the moment, but they are limited as to where they can go once inside it, as some of it is over 23's

The younger drinkers seem to head to West Street like Walkabout, YAtes, Wetherspoons etc

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I also noticed that bouncers ask for post codes as well as ID's, as it means they dont let in the fright oiks from London village

The location thing isnt about London, its usually either because of trouble in previous weeks from a particular location, general trouble from people from any town X, or a simple test to gauge how pissed people are or cross check ID is pukka. definatly need to split up, and if asked if they are meeting anyone say no. i wouldnt be surprised if a group that large would have trouble getting in to the bars.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I would appreciate some advice from those who are a) younger than myself and b) know the Brighton scene better than I do,

My 19 year old nephew is planning to descend on Brighton with about 14 of his mates to celebrate his 19th Birthday. The questions are:
a) where would they have the best time?
b) where will they actually be allowed in - given that they will only have ID showing them as being 19 (and perhaps one or two as 18)? - I understand that a few places are 21 or 25 only.
c) where would they avoid trouble? this is my question not my nephews!
d) are there any rules in terms of dress that they need to adhere to?
e) what other advice can you give? they are not exactly country bumkins but as they are coming from Surrey they are not familiar with the Brighton 'scene'

Thanks for any helpful advice that you can provide.

is he quite chavvy? in which case just point him in the direction of west street......

If it was his 20th I'd recommend Oceana, poor an alternative as it may be to it's predecessor, it's still the best of a bad bunch (and probably cheapest to get in).

They're prolly best just sticking to Yates/Walkabout.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I think their best bet would be to end up at walkabout, as it is only about £3 to get in before 10.30, and big enough to have a good laugh, plenty of girls etc...

Beware dont go in in groups of more than 4 (Best in 2's if poss) and as Brett said most of them are now asking for post-code id, this may cause a problem, them being from leafy surrey.

Tell him to enjoy his birthday. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports