Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice needed on a weekly football bet

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
I want to invest a tenner a week on a 4 or 5 football acc, has anyone any advice or success with doing this?

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
every week in the season i do a multiple bet consisting of a 4 fold, 5 fold, 6 fold and an accumulator. 25p a line costs £5.50. ended last season just about in profit as i never got all 6 in, only a few 5's and lots of 4's. season before was better and got all 6 twice, but you do need to get 4 of the 6 right to get any return. i find it a much better way of betting as apposed to just the standard accumulator

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bet on the winning teams.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I have a £5 accy every week. Depends how well you know you're football to be honest. I tend to go for 4 'close' away games. If you know the form of certain teams (especially lower league) you tend to do well. Normally comes in at £150-£200. I won 5 last year so enough to more than cover the outlay.

Roger meehard

Jul 30, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I do a lot these type of bets and I do fairly well with them, it's sounds obvious but do your homework on team form and trends it will pay off in the long run don't just bet on a teams reputation as usually at least one of two of the bookies so called bankers will lose, I tend to find backing doubles and trebles more lucrative as the more teams you have the higher the chance of one getting beat, try a trixie bet thats three doubles and a treble that's my usual bet and I do well with them

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Beware the 'LOCAL DERBY' you often get strange results in these games (BHA 1-3 CP being a prime example from last season).

Sutton81

Jul 4, 2012
Da Man Clay gives some good advice here, depends if you're doing int mainly for fun or money. I prefer to get into bets with other people on reasonably even games where we can take the piss out of each other depending on who wins, the money is nice to if you do your homework

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here