Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

advice for saturday game please

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Thanks to the kindness of a NSC member i am going to saturday eve match for my first withdean game in a 3 years, before park and ride i think, cant recall. anyway. am travelling by train from Littlehampton. do i need go to brighton and then train preston park? with the stub thingy on ticket. u may think its all commonsense but since my illness i get a tad anxious over things (wonder why i am going to watch albion then lol)..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
depends if you want to go to a decent boozer , my advice would be to go to brighton , have a few bevvys , then catch train at about 2:30.
Also , try and get away with your stub as travel ticket , have used mine from Durrington since day 1 and always play dumb on the rare occasion the inspector questions if its valid before shoreham.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Dougal said:
depends if you want to go to a decent boozer , my advice would be to go to brighton , have a few bevvys , then catch train at about 2:30.
Also , try and get away with your stub as travel ticket , have used mine from Durrington since day 1 and always play dumb on the rare occasion the inspector questions if its valid before shoreham.

230? bloody hell that would be a few bevies lol as its 745 ko...but ta for that, wont be drinking so its straight to ground...enjoy your few bevvies

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
You should be able to get a train direct to Preston Park, check nationrail for timetables

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
why is your game on so late, was in the bookies today and there was no mention on the slip that it was on tv?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
robbied69 said:
why is your game on so late, was in the bookies today and there was no mention on the slip that it was on tv?
We normally play what would otherwise be Saturday games on Friday evenings during December, so that Withdean can be used for Xmas shoppers parking and riding. But Cheltenham Town's players all wanted to watch Have I Got News For You and QI on Friday night so refused to switch.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
robbied69 said:

Not allowed to play Saturday afternnon games in December as the Withdean car park is used as a park & ride for shoppers.

just one of the many reasons we need a new stadium.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
If he gets a train at 230pm to Preston Park, what is he going to do until 745pm?

Drink in the sportsman. I think they will be able to serve at least one drink in 5 hours.

scooter1 said:
Changed time zones, you were the lucky one...... I changed seasons waiting for my second pint

Pah! That's nothing. While I was waiting for my second pint I evolved into a completely new species. (Unfortunately I no longer have hands as I now use telepathic power to move objects and was unable to hail the staff when it was my turn).

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lokki 7 said:
Pah! That's nothing. While I was waiting for my second pint I evolved into a completely new species. (Unfortunately I no longer have hands as I now use telepathic power to move objects and was unable to hail the staff when it was my turn).
Does this mean you won't be able to use your wallet in the Market Porter? :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here