Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice for gay chants

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Simple for Palarce.............Does your sister, does your sister, does your sister know your here... does your sister know your here.

bigjon

Oct 12, 2003
does your boyfriend know your here, has to be replied to with.....
your dad, hes busy f*cking your dad, he's busy f*cking your dad etc

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, have a drink in Dick’s lounge.
I said, young man, we have got a new ground.
There's no need to be unhappy.

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.

Chorus.
We are supporters of B, and H A,
We are supporters of B, and HA.
If you think we’re all queer,
Send your bird over here,
And we’ll show you we’re not all gay.

As copied from : YMCA. Brighton Fans Version.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm Gay, You're Gay, We're all Gay for Poyet!

(Tune of 'I scream, you scream, we all scream for icecream')

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

Chorus.

That chorus is outstanding - it get's my vote, would love to hear that in response to the next gay chants we hear !

:clap::clap::clap::bowdown::clap::clap::clap:

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing

Chorus.

At least this can be used in every game, rather than just Palace

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What would have happened if Albion had sang 'you're just a town full of pakis' back to Leicester Sat (due to their high Asian population)... The FA etc keep harping on about homophobia in football and how it's the same as other discrimination in football ie racism... I pretty sure any fan who sang that back would've been rightly kicked out and given a football ban - but the point is homophobic chants never seem to be treated like that or even warrant a word from stewards or police.

Doesn't bother me though it's funny to respond to them. I think 'you'll never know till you've tried it' is a brilliant response - funny and stumps many thick away fans :)

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
What would have happened if Albion had sang 'you're just a town full of pakis' back to Leicester Sat (due to their high Asian population)... The FA etc keep harping on about homophobia in football and how it's the same as other discrimination in football ie racism... I pretty sure any fan who sang that back would've been rightly kicked out and given a football ban - but the point is homophobic chants never seem to be treated like that or even warrant a word from stewards or police.

Doesn't bother me though it's funny to respond to them. I think 'you'll never know till you've tried it' is a brilliant response - funny and stumps many thick away fans :)

Several teams do sing it to us, most recently The tree scum and we went quite rightly mad about it. Someone started a thread on your point, how can we complain about racist chants then sing homophobic ones.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011

For anyone thats interested,check out the justin campaign..and the police have said at least down here to report it.they know the club are not doing what they should be to eradicate homophobia-it was the same down here in the 80's and racism-the police will then raise it with the club.if the club do Not deal with it appropriately then there will be issues with the clubs license.it is up to all of us to eradicate all hatred out of football-and im not talking rivalry here..homophobia might seem a laugh-and some of the songs have been really funny-particularly the early ymca one-but no hatred is funny-it bloody hurts..physically and emotionally.again-if we were talking race here there would (i hope)be an outcry and people would be banned for it.its about time we all stood together against hatred.:flounce:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

I was thinking exactly the same thing pal, exactly the same thing. What would have happened if we had chanted back to them "Your a town full of Paki's" or something of that kind, people would have been slung out left right and centre. Why is it acceptable for people to chant homophobic abuse? Yet racial abuse is now (rightly) a no no.
Still 1-0 to the nancy boys was a great chant back to Bristol the week before.:thumbsup:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Anyone else find it ironic that this thread is next to one about scouse stereotype jokes?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
"Bus from the Bulldog, you got the bus from the Bulldog" or something. Incidentally, I reckon the reason homophobic chanting isn't being taken seriously is the lack of out gay footballers. It was only once there was a large number of black players across football that the doddery old rich blokes that run the game started taking action on racist chants.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
This thread sums up why I love this club. I don't think there can be many other fans who'd respond to this sort of thing in such a good-hearted and funny way. And fwiw, it's absolutely the right way to respond: show their prejudices up for the knuckle-headed idiocy that it is, by laughing at it (how long ago is it since "we're gay, and we're beating you" was first used? I remember it from that 4-1 win against Millwall in League 1 four or five years ago, but I'm rarely in the country long enough to get to a game nowadays).

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
"Bus from the Bulldog, you got the bus from the Bulldog" or something. Incidentally, I reckon the reason homophobic chanting isn't being taken seriously is the lack of out gay footballers. It was only once there was a large number of black players across football that the doddery old rich blokes that run the game started taking action on racist chants.
no...the lack of out gay footballers is due to the rank awful homophobia that many fans still seem to think is just banter...it isnt..is hatred.also-it wasnt because black footballers were brave enough to play whilst having monkey chants bananas and worse thrown at them that things changed re racism in football.it was due to the change in the law which had made it an offence -and then public attitude catching up.
the law has changed re homophobia-it is now against the law-it does need to be taken seriously in the way racism began to be-and legal sanctions do need to be used.
have you ever actually thought about what so many of you are saying...?:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here